I lost my manual for my craftsman battery operated chain saw mod #900-98023. I need to know how to advance the chain so I can sharpen. My gas chain saw I just move by hand and sharpen. The chain won't advance like my gas saw. Does anyone have one of these saws who knows how to move the chain?

Preston

Thanks Larry. I read the manual and couldn't find what I needed. I am trying to find out how to sharpen the blade while it is still on the saw. On my gas chain saw I cam move the blade forward or backward and sharpen. The blade on the battery operated won't budge either way. I have to take it apart and move the blade and sharpen. Very time consuming.

Preston 

Can you mark the chain, reinstall battery and try to stop it at a different point, remove battery sharpen and repeat process.   Besides the brake, if it is a worm drive it will be hard to have the chain drive the motor.  Remember the gas saw has a centrifugal clutch, the electrics don't.  Roly

Edited by Roly
typo

Roly:

It worked. I marked one cutter and moved the chain forward. It took a while but it got the job done. I went to a sears store and they didn't have an answer. They showed me the manual that Larry showed. I got the saw sharpened. I thank everyone  for all the help.

Preston