angel ready for take off

Smallpatch

Very nice Jess.  I think your's is the better of the two as she doesn't have sharp lines - but maybe they have irons "up there"...

When I seen the first pic I thought you really outdone yourself on making the rock look realistic:o

Cal I studied those sharp lines and decided a cnc machine cut those but I like the human touch much better.  I think I now have every book ever made on faces but that don't make my brain take over and reproduce anything close. 

We got lots of stories on gathering all the rocks. Stealing them seems a little too strong... And then trying to keep wife from throwing them away when I'm not looking...

She did say she was glad I kept digging them back out of the trash can after I came in with the piece of lava rock the angel is standing on...I did have to flatten both the top and bottom but I used the bench grinder with a wire brush attached after I ground them flat and kind of made it all look the same.. The halo is attached using a .028 thousandths drill bit drilling two holes then two .028 thousandths 3/4" brads into the holes with a little glue added ……..