Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Tomorrow we start our roof replacement. I specified 30-year architectural shingles. The contractor brought over samples of 2 brands, Certainteed Landmark and Tamco. I googled asphalt shingles and found very little in the way of reliable ratings. It appears that the 2 brands are neck and neck, with Certianteed having a slight edge. Tamco "seems" to be thinner and lighter in weight while Certainteed "seems" to lose granules faster. Shingle color affects heat buildup in the attic space, so there is a Summer cooling and Winter heating cost issue. Our roof is a 3/12 slope in northern Utah. Any insights into these 2 brands? Many thanks! :ChinScratch:

hat

Edited by hatuffej

I had CertainTeed architecturals  installed a few years ago.  I took my roofer's recommendation....130 year old family business.  I also got an energy credit based on the shingle color.  Seems you already have a contractor but one thing about roof work is that you really can't see the workmanship unless you climb on the roof and you really can't check the nailing.  Gotta watch out for any face nailing of roof penetration boots, their quality, and sealing.