Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Nicely done Dan. I also use a home made version of that tool. It's great for embellishing.

Steve

53 minutes ago, Steve Krumanaker said:

Nicely done Dan. I also use a home made version of that tool. It's great for embellishing.

Steve

Thanks.  You were the one who inspired me to make one in your honey jar thread.  Thanks for posting that.

32 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

way cool Dan...

can you tell us more about your creation/handle....

I made the drill handle from a Black & Decker drill that went bad.  Bolted the stabilizing handle to the chuck.  Most chuck threads are 3/8" fine so I just bolted the handle to the chuck.  I use it to center drill on the lathe when it doesn't require the precision of the tail stock mounted drill chuck say for drilling and hollowing an ornament to take out some weight.  It filled the need for a handle for this quite nicely.

Edited by HandyDan

Good job Dan. I have a drill handle almost just like that except no fancy black paint job jut the pecan. Nice the way you created your elf. I bought mine and everyone at the bunker copied it.

A question my apprentice asked that maybe someone else would want to know.

How to use it?

42 minutes ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

How to use it?

Craft supply sells the commercial version. They have a video on their website showing it in use.

https://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/p/49/4555/Henry-Taylor-Decorating-Elf-4-Piece-Set?term=decorating+elf&term=decorating elf#ReviewsPanel

3 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

How to use it?

It is also on YouTube

3 hours ago, Gerald said:

I have a drill handle almost just like that except no fancy black paint job jut the pecan.

If you look real close at the second picture it says Black & Decker on the handle.  It is a reused plastic stabilizing handle from an old drill.

23 hours ago, Steve Krumanaker said:

Craft supply sells the commercial version. They have a video on their website showing it in use.

Thanks, working on making one this week.  My apprentice got a no go on using the lathe as of yet.  After the belt sander fiasco his mother is a bit skeptical.

His Dad on the other hand told me go for it.   :JawDrop: