Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Smallpatch -
Gene Howe -

Top Posters

Sure enough if you decide to work today instead of take care of maw, sure.

First thing I did was to cut him out of a frame of sorts. Now to carve him up like a turkey for Halloween.

IMG_1648.JPG.fe9ce9b268c50bfd4cae1c15d675994e.JPG

Wife did have to hold one end of the pattern so we could lower it on the the stickum...If it is straight enough I can make a decent frame around the outside so I can have something to place all the pieces while I groom them... If you don't keep the blade straight up and down while cutting the pieces you are in big trouble trying to get some of those pieces out . 

I am staining some of the horses pieces also .. 

Edited by Smallpatch

1 hour ago, Smallpatch said:

Sure enough if you decide to work today instead of take care of maw, sure.

Well, I saw "maw" off to work in the bitter cold, let the dog out/in a 1/2 dozen times, fed the cats, cleaned litter boxes, helped feed the grand-kids, checked oil/fluids in my daughter's van, started it to warm up, put re-cycling in the van, got her off to work this PM plus kids to practices, and just now getting to my 2nd mug of coffee for the day.

We finally do have single digit temperatures above the zero this afternoon but still way too cold out in the shop to work. When your tongue still sticks to all the metal tools it's too cold. Besides, any moisture in the wood causes icing of blades & bits, then you're stuck.

1 hour ago, Smallpatch said:

Now to carve him up like a turkey for Halloween.

You sure do have some strange customs down there in the Lone-star state.  

1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said:

You sure do have some strange customs down there in the Lone-star state.  

Yeah, I always thought salmon was traditional on Halloween. And, rabbit stew for Easter.

17 minutes ago, Smallpatch said:

This lone star thingy is about 65 degrees today, about to freeze my buns off.

I did manage to get this two legged thing all cut up in my nice warm shop but the cold weather between house and shop is almost impossible...

I feel for ya.:DayDreaming: I wish I had it that rough.;)

On another note, my wife just saw the picture above and said "oh, that's cute." She'll be following along now too.

My wife saw a rooster hanging in some rich ladies house years ago and has remembered and wanted one ever since...Have no idea why she was in a rich ladies house. Now when she saw me with this picture she said only make one just for me and no more so I can have one of a kind made of wood. She might should have waited till she sees it in its completed state.....then hopefully she will say the same but who knows.... Them are some strange feathers to try and make...

19 minutes ago, Smallpatch said:

Them are some strange feathers to try and make...

I'm guessing you'll figure out the way to get it done. A lot of color which is what caught my wife's attention. She really liked it. She never cared much for the rooster we had though especially after he attacked her a couple of times with his spurs...she wouldn't go anywhere near him after that. He was an ornery old cuss.

Wow Jess, you wasted no time jumping into this project.  Please post up a lot of pics of this journey for us.

Recalling the "trouble" you ran into with not being too familiar with the horse shapes(?) - if you get lost on this one most any grocery store can help you out... course those roosters wouldn't be wearing feathers...:D

Oh boy! The painting is going to be fun. You'll have another great piece when it's done. For sure, one to crow about.;) sorry, couldn't resist.:)