Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

install radiant..

Yes, just as soon as the Lottery people send me my money and I get started on the 10,000 sq ft shop.:TwoThumbsUp:

Meanwhile this will do.  Our winters in Georgia are mild compared to what some of you deal with.  The heat pump unit has served me well most years.  I don't need 80F in the shop but  60F isn't bad.

Edited by Woodbutcherbynight

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200395479_200395479

Same web page as the fan/heater, about 1/3 the cost.  Radiant has a lot of advantages in a dusty place.  Sooner (and not later) fan units have problems with all the dust.  Radiant is a bit easier to apply since it will cover large areas that a fan unit can't penetrate (hot air, even with fan blowing, likes the ceiling).  It's a pretty standard design choice for installations without much building enclosure or insulation.  Great outdoors and in shops/garages.  Periodically, dust off the reflector.

13 hours ago, kmealy said:

In case you need to round up your order to get free shipping at Northern Tool: https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/NTESearch?storeId=6970&ipp=48&Ntt=fart+machine

For $3 more, they add smell and a biohazard sticker.:cowboy:

That was one funny video, I think it could be a lot of fun for awhile:throbbinghead:

Now I wonder what sort of junk spam I am going to get...:WonderScratch:

Woodbutchery - Is the shop insulated? At 500 sq. ft.  It would be a fairly easy project.

Use blown fibergalss and just above your ceiling bore a 2" dia hole per stud bay.

Then down by the floor do the same.  

Hook up the hose then when the fluffly stuff comes out the top it is full.

To see use of the "Fart Machine" search for "Just for Laughs" on YouTube.   It's the French-Canadian equivalent of the old "Candid Camera" show.   Lots of funny episodes.

My coworker pointed out today that I seem to have forgotten that the year 2019 started in January.  Oops.