Teaching granddaughter to carve

IrishWoodCarver

Awesome Irish! Great to see Anna not only has the aptitude but also the attitude to learn carving. Of course having you to mentor her doesn't hurt either.

What a Christmas gift passing on the passion of a craft to the next generation. Not all that different 2500+ years ago.

Thanks for sharing with us here.

Oh and BTW, tell Anna, I like her interpretation of the ornament much better than the example. Far more detail. Great job!

Edit add...the t-shirt is great too.:)

Edited by Grandpadave52

17 hours ago, FlGatorwood said:

Congratulations to you, Artie.  This is great and a wonderful feeling to see the young ones taking up the ageless arts and developing talents that may put food on their tables, roof over their heads and clothes on their backs.  These kind of posts excite me to see young people learning.  

I frequently accidentally mislead people (see what I mean), It’s not my daughter doing the carving (I do not have one of those, but am getting a daughter-in-law, in 2019). It is Irishwoodcarver’s daughter doing the carving. (And beautifully so, I may add)