Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

For my spindle lathe is this something I need, and if I do would this work or maybe I can get by with something cheaper. I finally got my lathe going late last week and I see right off you guys make it look a lot easier than it is.

bJO7Lz8.jpg

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/nova-g3-woodturning-chuck-bundle-teknatool?trk_msg=15VJHDAQTL24N3TTFFLR31K50C&trk_contact=H5U8HIFMO58CJKFU635VCUHNUG&trk_sid=Q5TDA8LMRVILK5VF0OGAEKA3Q0&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=NOVA+G3&utm_campaign=Let's+Talk+Turkey

That is a super chuck and the price is pretty good considering the extra jaws. 

I started with the Teknatool Midi-

web-precisionmidi.jpg.4f297bc76a9682ef2a5dc4e6e7826308.jpg

https://www.teknatool.com/product/nova-precision-midi-wood-turning-chuck-18tpi-direct-thead/

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/nova-1-x-8-tpi-precision-midi-chuck-package

It uses "Tommy Bars" instead of the T-handle for tightening/loosening.

Don,

I have basically the same lathe mine is a little older, and is badged Delta Milwaukee.

Did you have to restore it? If not it looks to be in great shape!

20 minutes ago, Larry Buskirk said:

Don,

I have basically the same lathe mine is a little older, and is badged Delta Milwaukee.

Did you have to restore it? If not it looks to be in great shape!

Hey Larry, I didn't have to do anything except clean some dirt off it. What little I have tried on this lathe it seems to do better on the next to the highest speed. I hope I can learn enough to turn 4 legs about 9" long before Christmas. I am building my daughter a small table that you eat from while laying in bed. I don't know what you call it. Why she wants it I don't have a clue. WOMEN !!!  LOL

23 minutes ago, hawkeye10 said:

Hey Larry, I didn't have to do anything except clean some dirt off it. What little I have tried on this lathe it seems to do better on the next to the highest speed. I hope I can learn enough to turn 4 legs about 9" long before Christmas. I am building my daughter a small table that you eat from while laying in bed. I don't know what you call it. Why she wants it I don't have a clue. WOMEN !!!  LOL

Don, I believe they are called lap trays or tables. That may depend upon what region you live in though.

I started with a Penn State Ind. chuck because it had some extra jaw sets with it.  Some people frown on them and maybe I just got lucky and got a good one but it has servred me well over the years.  I do have a couple Nova chucks and would recommend them too.  I use them for the bigger items I turn.