Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Monkey Paws

New to the forum, here is my shop

Rate this topic

Kenny, thanks for showing off what a one care garage slot can do. We have the same set up, a three car garage, (but is it really? I still don't see how a car is supposed to fit in the single car bay) and my digs are occupying a wall in the two car bay, and a portion of the wall at the head of the two car bay.

After seeing your set up, I am now thinking, hmmm, I can still have a dedicated area, maybe, right now our single car bay is loaded with boxes and storage cabinets, but I can change that!

Thanks for showing your space! I completely enjoyed the tour. Who made that yellow buffing wheel?

7 hours ago, Stick486 said:

is there a staunch bylaw stashed away here someplace that shops must be spit shined before a picture(s) is/are taken and posted...

I think there is rule that covers this :lol: :D

Super shop Kenny! Great lighting over the benches and the garage door storage! I think I need to "borrow" the curtains idea.

First and most important Kenny, a formal welcome to TPW. Glad you found us. Having seen what has already come out (or into) your shop, I can't wait to what you're up to on a regular basis.

Great looking shop and layout even if is "surgically clean." :lol:

A couple of questions for you...what year is that restored Evinrude? '54, '55? Awesome looking and assume it purrs like a kitten based on it's looks?

Is that a gang symbol tossed across your door opener track or just drying some clothes?:cowboy: 

Thanks for being here and sharing your diverse interests. Truly enjoying your posts.

The motor is a 1947 Evinrude Sportsman 2hp and is what they call a "Barn find". I stripped the motor down, Inspected, repaired and restored. The motor runs like new. The picture below is a before picture.The red rag was unintentionally left up there when I was working on the opener.

23-1.jpg

2 hours ago, Monkey Paws said:

The motor is a 1947 Evinrude Sportsman 2hp and is what they call a "Barn find".

That is so cool. I really like your embellishment of polishing all the various parts vs repainting. Really makes a show-stopper out of it. I bet you get a lot of looks and inquires on that? Excellent restore.

Was just messing with you on the rag.:P

16 hours ago, Stick486 said:

is there a staunch bylaw stashed away here someplace that shops must be spit shined before a picture(s) is/are taken and posted...

I sure hope not! :blink: 

9 hours ago, lew said:

I think there is rule that covers this :lol: :D

Dangnabit!!!  :705413577_PullingHair: 

Nice shop paws.That 2HP Evinrude is cute but I doubt it would buck the tides here on the Merrimack river. Welcome to the forums.