September 29, 20188 yr comment_161179 Today I noticed that Runnings ( A local store ) had a sale on limited edition 175th Anniversary Stanley SweetHeart Tape Measures. The price was so good that I bought several. https://www.stanleytools.com/products/hand-tools/measuring-layout/tape-rules/175th-anniversary-tape-measure/stht36175 Edited September 29, 20188 yr by CharlieL Report
September 29, 20188 yr comment_161180 Thanks for the lead Charlie! I had to get one, and for 10 bucks! What a neat "must have" for the price! Report
September 29, 20188 yr comment_161181 Thanks for the heads-up Charlie. I'll check locally too. For the price, a neat commemorative item to have. Report
September 29, 20188 yr comment_161187 I think every store locally is selling them according to the locator map,I will ask at Jack in the Box next time I am there. Herb Report
September 29, 20188 yr comment_161189 Funny, when I clicked "where to buy", one place that showed up was the Sears in my Little town. That store was a franchise store, and it closed over 4 years ago! Not to fret, they show that Lowes has them. Report
September 29, 20188 yr comment_161195 Get them while they're hot. https://www.ebay.com/i/123360046348?chn=ps Report
September 29, 20188 yr comment_161201 1 hour ago, HandyDan said: Get them while they're hot. https://www.ebay.com/i/123360046348?chn=ps WOW, $32.49 , I saw them for $9.44 someplace! https://www.stanleytools.com/support/where-to-buy?productsku=STHT36175 Herb Edited September 29, 20188 yr by Dadio Report
September 29, 20188 yr comment_161208 45 minutes ago, Dadio said: WOW, $32.49 , I saw them for $9.44 someplace! Yeah , somebody trying to make a quick buck. Menard's has them for about $7.00 https://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/hand-tools/measuring-layout-tools-accessories-kits/stanley-reg-10-175th-anniversary-tape-measure/stht36175/p-1525761006429.htm Report
September 29, 20188 yr Author comment_161209 Actually Runnings has them on sale for $4.99, tomorrow is the last day. I bought 4, gave 2 away as gifts, and kept 2. https://www.runnings.com/current-flyer Report
September 29, 20188 yr comment_161216 2 hours ago, HandyDan said: Menard's has them for about $7.00 Darn I was just there Thursday. Should've gone down that isle. Report
September 29, 20188 yr comment_161217 Whats the deal with everyone wanting those expensive tapes...I would think woodworkers already has a few. I have one in my pocket all the time... Report
September 29, 20188 yr comment_161220 18 minutes ago, Smallpatch said: I have one in my pocket all the time... They want one longer than that 6" one. Edited September 29, 20188 yr by HandyDan Report
September 29, 20188 yr comment_161224 Well, I went on the hunt for one this morning, and Jack-in-the-box, said Stan who? aint no Stan here. I was on the way to Lowes anyway, but Jacks was right in front so I thought I would try them first. In Lowes I couldn't find them in the tape section,so thought maybe they had a special island of them, found a helper,they didn't know anything ,so I left and went to Ace Hardware,they were on the list off the internet. Nope they had never heard of them But the guy I talked to said they are going to order some now that they know about them. So I came home MT handed. Now have to see if I can order off internet. Herb Report
September 30, 20188 yr Author Popular Post comment_161229 6 hours ago, Smallpatch said: Whats the deal with everyone wanting those expensive tapes...I would think woodworkers already has a few. I have one in my pocket all the time... What I payed I would not consider expensive, but I have noticed that there are some folks on ebay that are trying to sell them at a pretty steep price. I bought some as a novelty. Plus my brother inlaw a few years ago educated me about Stanley's early years and there line of SweetHeart tools, so I bought him one also. Report
September 30, 20188 yr Author comment_161230 5 hours ago, Dadio said: In Lowes I couldn't find them in the tape section,so thought maybe they had a special island of them, found a helper, they didn't know anything. Herb At Runnings they were in the local ad on sale, but when I went to the store and to the tool section and looked where the Stanley tapes are I didn't see any of the SweetHearts. I had to ask the store manager, and even he had to call his tool guy to find out where they are. They were up by one of the cash registers. Report
September 30, 20188 yr comment_161237 6 hours ago, CharlieL said: At Runnings they were in the local ad on sale, but when I went to the store and to the tool section and looked where the Stanley tapes are I didn't see any of the SweetHearts. I had to ask the store manager, and even he had to call his tool guy to find out where they are. They were up by one of the cash registers. I couldn't find anyone at Lowes that knew anything.,and the check out lines were a mile long. Herb Report
September 30, 20188 yr comment_161254 12 hours ago, Dadio said: I couldn't find anyone at Lowes that knew anything.,and the check out lines were a mile long. Herb Both sound about right...must be universal corporate training. Report
October 1, 20188 yr comment_161329 Couldn't find any stores locally that carried them,so I went on line and checked everyone I could think of ,none. Cristopher Swarts in his blog said that Manards had them ,but not on line. I checked on line ,nope. Finally found 2 sources: Highland Hardware on line, I ordered 4 ea. For $8.99 + shipping Also at MSC Industrial Direct CO.Inc. for $9.44 EBay has a lot of them, for some reason from $19.99-49.00 ...???? Herb Report
November 28, 20187 yr comment_167855 Finally remembered to put on my list when I stopped at Menard's. Bought (2) today...$7.99/ea plus tax. I may never open the packages...Already marked for each grandson. Thanks Charlie. I might have missed these altogether if you hadn't posted about them. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.