Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

This is within minutes of expiring.   I remember years ago, there was a lot of discussion about these saws.  Some loved them, some hated them.   It looked like a good idea of the time, but not sure the execution was up to par.   Anyone have experience with them?

https://www.ebth.com/items/8946436-ryobi-bt3000-table-saw

No experience but I see them fairly frequent on CL...$100-$300 range typically. Occasionally less. Saw this one brought $70 plus whatever shipping costs and buyer premium?

I think Ryobi made a similar branded version for Sears-Craftsman. Craftsman also had a larger version for the 10" Contractor Saw w/ cast iron top; don't think it sold well...see maybe a couple/year on CL.

Edited by Grandpadave52

Sliding table and integral routing table seems nice and useful.

I bought one of those from Sears when I first started trying my hand at woodworking.  I couldn't get it to cut square, I'm sure due to my own inexperience, so I called Sears, and took them up on their offer to have a technician come out and help me set it up.  As soon as he set foot in my shop, the first words out of his mouth were "You didn't buy that from Sears!"  Had to show him the receipt to convince him I did.  He was expecting a regular Sears or Craftsman unit.  He worked with it for awhile, and ended up cutting the plastic end off of the miter fence on the sliding table.  I wound up taking it back, and buying a Delta contractor's saw, which I still use today.  My opinion of the saw was that it had some good features, but the quality wasn't built in.