Hot Weather and Cooling the Shop Down

Its real important to keep the coils clean and dust free as much as possible in the summer time... or any other time to get good results from your unit...

After I change the furnace filters in the house I clean them and reuse em for the shop cooling..

Well I hit the wrong button as I went to load a picture... so heres the picture.IMG_0406.JPG.9efdc1d14bd5f9b33a73a57c88e25ba8.JPG

Its a 28,000 size and it does a great job even on the hottest days. But I also got the 6" walls stuffed full of insulation... I know some dust goes in the coils from the bottom but I can see the front gets full also so it does help.... If you don't do something like this you'll be sorry!!!!!!!!

I bought this unit in 99 or 2000 and am now crossing my fingers hoping.

Edited by Smallpatch

Ron Pemberton did you see the weather forcast I posted for Breckenridge a few days ago??  Decatur's weather will more than likely be the same as Breckenridge's and I have never seen a 10 day forecast this high ever. We were planning to go to the first Monday next weekend in Weatherford.  There's not a lot of trees to walk under so our stay might be in minutes and not hours like in the past...First Monday is great for I get lots of the tools I use from that place and a few old planes and draw knives..I got to where I take a list of things I look for....

We really like Canton better but wife is starting to hate the drive through Fort Worth and Dallas on 20 and to get there from Breckenridge that's about the only road unless one chooses some cowboy trail to go down!!!

Edited by Smallpatch

I gave up. A swamp cooler just rusts every thing up. I spent more time cleaning coils on an A/C unit than  I did working. Here in Texas when it get past 95 (2-3 weeks ago) I just go on nightshift. Not that that helps much, in another month it will be 100 degrees at 4-5 in the morning. Not much you can do but sweat it out.

I've tried several things here in Phoenix, including AC-ing a small area.  Best solution is a small (300 cfm) evap cooler that you roll/point at your work area, which does mean it works a lot better for bench work.  It doesn't change the humidity in the overall room that much, so not much rusting.  It points at an area (position it about 5' from where you will be), and does feel better than just a fan.  Got it HD for about $150.  Reservoir of water (I'd use distilled) lasts about 2 hours, so it's not a permanent thing.  Helps at times.