Made This Bowl In About 2000

Smallpatch

You build things too complicated then it takes longer to dust it off than to build it.

I think this is the only thing I have built using oak ....since 2000..

It was in an older scroll saw magazine and I might can find the plans if someone wants to build one...It was originally about 4" tall but hey , why waste all that time on something that small...Now its about 8" tall and 9" wide.

The feet are some valves I had left over from my tool selling days .  If I sold it I also would repair it.  They still have the O IMG_0161.JPG.4833bf94fbdf0ad52b9f936a8c9a3f38.JPG

rings on the valves.

The top decorations are small jewelry box pulls  IMG_0160.JPG.3fb16d9b39727b0c937534c7ae178aba.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG.2ada658551137e41bba53cac02bea62d.JPG

I don't remember the top and bottom accessories in the plans but I think it adds something to it.IMG_0162.JPG.ea441c89704426468e29eef0bce76ecd.JPG

One of the more costly things I ever did was when Mac Tool split half in two, the distributors had to make up their minds as which company to go with, Mac Tools or the other half, new to the tool world, Matco. Seems like I had been with Mac Tools for about 10 years, then after I changed brands if I had any of my old customers with a busted mac socket or wrenches I just went ahead and replaced all of them with a Matco and went on about my business of selling tools. I really meant sooner or later to send them to Mac and see if they would replace them with new tools...I got out of the business in 1980 and never sent one tool in for replacement.. I have a few 5 gallon buckets of busted Mac Tools sitting in the shop and for no other reason to remind myself just how good of a guy I was back then.. But maybe doing that let me keep my customers ????

I guess every body later in life might  question some of their actions from earlier times and hopefully everyone kinda nods their heads and maybe smiles a little...