Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Tags are now required for all content items in our community. We appreciate your participation and patience as we work through this new requirement for topics, gallery images, blogs, and more. This is an exciting resource for all our members to use, with one click on a tag, you can see articles, topics and all our content that is similarly tagged the same. Please read Tagging Your Content for instructions on how to use our tagging system.

Rate this topic

That is some DC you've got Fred. Impressive.

Glad you're making some progress...my green from envy has not faded in the least!:P

Nice looking job, Fred. Very neat. That will be the most time consuming job, right? Everything else is just plug and go, huh?

Progress is progress, Fred! Looks like a good installation.

Nice Clear View cyclone set up, Fred. You are progressing nicely with the installation. You will probably end up with a few extra pieces, I always do.

I am using the Clear View 6" blast gates ,they are very reasonable and work great.

Herb

I had picked up some CV blast gates at an on line auction and do like them better than shop built ones, I'll be replacing some of mine old ones with them. Besides, some of the shop built ones have swollen making them not work so well. The slides really stick.

1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

I had picked up some CV blast gates at an on line auction and do like them better than shop built ones, I'll be replacing some of mine old ones with them. Besides, some of the shop built ones have swollen making them not work so well. The slides really stick.

Our WW club had the good fortune of having a meeting at their plant in Kent, WA before they moved to NC?  and the owner showed us how they made those blast gates, They are engineered with a small hole in the back of the slide track to allow air to be sucked into them to keep the sawdust from packing in the slide track. You might be able to clean out the homemade ones and add a hole to keep them from clogging up. But I do like the CV ones.

Herb

It is looking real good ,Fred. I like the column feeding the TS and the RAS, you can easily tap into that for more machines in the future. Way to go with the long 90's made out out 45's the airflow will love that. Looks like you used large wire ties to hang the ducts from the ceiling, good idea, I used the perforated plumbers plastic strapping, wish I would have thought of that.

Are you going to hang the lights below the ducts, or did you figure in the light layout when running the ducts. I hung all mine below on chains.

That is a lot of work for one guy Fred, I had a helper when I did mine.

Great pictures too.

Herb

Holy cow Fred...that's a lot of overhead work. My shoulders just ache looking at that.:P Quite impressive.

It is taking shape quickly now and looks great. I really hope I'll be able to see it all in person this summer.:)

looking good..

your DC piping is nicely done...

Looking forward to seeing it in August.