January 10, 20188 yr comment_136828 real small sack , add water, shake it up for 20 seconds, dump it in hole around post. It expands like foam, cut off the excess with a knife, cover with dirt and wa-la, done. Add says it is equal to 100 lb bag of saccrete??? Wife showed me a video of the stuff being used but when they said equal to sacrete,????How do you spell sack crete??? Probably on you tube but I don't do you tube...I have my doubts! But I also didn't think Rome could be built in a day, so there!! Report
January 10, 20188 yr comment_136830 I just always dumped the bag of Sakrete directly in the hole. a couple of days later it is solid. Of course around here the ground is damp most of the time. Report
January 10, 20188 yr comment_136832 I always use pea gravel... crete and what not promotes rot by keeping the post wet... Report
January 10, 20188 yr comment_136836 I've heard of it, and watched a video they (Sika) made using it. I do so little post setting it's of little interest to me, other than the concept. Report
January 10, 20188 yr comment_136840 I used to strive at doing builds and repair so they would last a lifetime. I have come to realize a lifetime isn't a long as it used to be so it would probably be fine for me to use. Report
January 10, 20188 yr comment_136848 Now, that's pretty darned neat. But, like Fred, my post setting days are over.....I hope. Report
January 10, 20188 yr comment_136856 I had heard about something like this but didn't know whats it was called. I had thought about using a can or two of Great Stuff large gap filler but it didn't seem like it would hold up in ground contact. Just what I need to reset the mailbox post. I'll check BORG for it next time I'm there. Thanks for the thread and info guys! Report
January 11, 20188 yr comment_136912 We used a similar product when utility poles were straightened. The product we used had something in it that smelled like creosote, I know it wasn't but it kept any animals from chewing it out. Worked good for that but was not used for a new set. Roly Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.