October 4, 20178 yr Popular Post comment_127016 it took 27 gallons, but it's done. After I rolled the storage room ceiling (primer) and really wore myself out, my S-I-L got a pro level airless sprayer and sprayed the rest of the primer. We put the vapor barrier stuff on the ceiling, and this stuff really was/is just that....to my surprise. I'm sure it's not what a 6-mil plastic sheet would have been , but it will do. Anyway, after he primed it, I painted the storage room the yellow for cheeriness and visibility. That back left corner in the storage room (no outlets) is where I'll put racks for the wood stash. The light blue in the shop is/was supposed to be a very light gray...oh well. I've started moving tools and stuff in to make room in the garage where they sit for the last 18 months, but I still need to insulate the ceiling, install the heat, and put in the DC ductwork. It goes in before the tools are set in place. Anyway: Edited October 4, 20178 yr by Fred W. Hargis Jr Report
October 4, 20178 yr comment_127019 Work Shop?? Couch, TV, Fridge and a porta-potty and you could call this Home!!! Report
October 4, 20178 yr comment_127022 That is a great space, Fred. You are gonna really enjoy making sawdust in there. I'm really glad we built a separate space for lumber, too. Not as big as yours and not dry walled and painted but, the wood is not in the shop. Report
October 5, 20178 yr Author comment_127081 8 hours ago, Stick486 said: lookin good... when will you be putting up the murals??? Sometime after the sawdust starts flying. Report
October 5, 20178 yr comment_127088 Looking good, Fred. Bet you're happy inside and maybe a big smile on your face, too. Edited October 5, 20178 yr by kmealy Report
October 5, 20178 yr comment_127090 Well just color me That is one awesome space Fred. Very happy for you! Report
October 7, 20178 yr comment_127250 That was a real good decision having the DW contractor leave the floor protection down for you to work off. It saved you a bundle of headaches. Hope you had help putting up the light fixtures, they can be a bugger to try and hold and attach to the ceiling off a ladder. Herb Report
October 7, 20178 yr Author comment_127276 Actually the lights aren't a problem at all. Those are LED fixtures from Costco when they were on sale. I'd bet the whole assembly doesn't weigh 3#. It was a piece of cake. They are rated for flush mount, so I drilled 2 holes in the housing and screwed them into the trusses. They are so light I found (when I missed the truss) the screw would actually hold them in the sheet rock. I want to get the DC ducting in place before I install any more. Another advantage to these lights is the low current draw. In the place with flourescents, I had to have at least 2 circuits and multiple switches to carry the load....with these I have one switch that does the does the all. Report
October 7, 20178 yr comment_127322 Yes , I had to do 2 circuits for my fluorescent ,now I am slowly changing over to the LEDs. Mine are all hung on chains so I put hooks in the joist, because the 6"diam. DC ducting was in before the lighting. I ran surface conduit and 4X4 duplex boxes every 8' and just plugged in the fixtures. Herb Report
October 12, 20178 yr comment_127801 On 10/4/2017 at 10:03 PM, Stick486 said: lookin good... when will you be putting up the murals??? 2nd. time. I need your mailing address, want to send you couple of my books. NO YOU AINT GONNA OWE ME A DIME, NO I AINT GONNA BILL YOU LATER. FREE, @ RITE absolutely FREE. I'm 78 yrs. old & have a little trouble getting started myself, ok. My books do not have a dirty word in'm. Hoping they will bring a little sunshine into your life. ONE THING THO, I spell some words the way us old REDNECKS SAY'M/SPEAK'M, OK. Cya Heaws mine---nallbuck71@gmail.com Cya Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.