August 28, 20179 yr Popular Post comment_122454 Trying to see what I have left over, and see what sort of project I could cobble up Might have a plank left, besides these in Poplar.... Almost all of the Cherry in the shop....some rather fancy stuff... Flame Cherry? I may have a little more upstairs, but this is about it, for the Maple..some Curly, some not.. There IS a 1 x 4 x 7' slab upstairs, and this little stack of Black Walnut. Also has a few fancy spots.. Might find some use for this? Then there is the pile of "other stuff" Not sure what all is in there....at least it isn't moving on it's own.... Going to get the Single Brain Cell Sketch Up working this week, and see what it can come up with.... Report
August 28, 20179 yr comment_122486 I see a trash can in your future? I just went through that. My criteria: if it's been there 6 months (i'm slow), toss. Sometimes, 2 months. Of course, my source is Lowes/HD, so i'm not talking much investment. Report
August 28, 20179 yr Popular Post comment_122487 If it doesn't get sucked up into the shop-vac, it is probably big enough to save Report
August 28, 20179 yr Popular Post comment_122506 Remember, "It's not scrap, it's cutoffs waiting for the right project." ™ Report
October 27, 20196 yr Popular Post comment_206598 I make so much scrap that I made a wood stove for my home just to have an easy way to get rid if it. This is just a tad of what I have. Report
October 27, 20196 yr Popular Post comment_206653 I see a bunch of bottle stoppers hiding in there Report
October 29, 20196 yr comment_206848 I’ve never bought any scrap. Some times someone will ask about scraps. By the time it’s ready to leave my shop it’s pretty much dust. Small pieces make pen blanks and bottle stoppers. A little bigger and it gets into cutting boards. Report
October 29, 20196 yr Author comment_206877 I don't need to buy scraps...I make enough as it is.. However... It's finding a project to build with such scraps....and "leftovers" This was from a stack of Cherry and Walnut... That was left over from a Chest of Drawers build.. So...now I am using up some of that Ash pile for.... and "feet" making do with what I have.... Report
October 29, 20196 yr comment_206903 On 8/28/2017 at 8:34 AM, kmealy said: Remember, "It's not scrap, it's cutoffs waiting for the right project." ™ Agree 100% till you can't find the scraps. You can only keep so much.. These are my walnut scraps and its not the only pile. Once I start chopping on this it's in the trash.. Edited October 29, 20196 yr by BillyJack Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.