September 29, 201610 yr Popular Post comment_76551 Now to start assembly of it's matching chair. Report
September 29, 201610 yr comment_76552 That is a really nice piece of work there!! What wood is that? Report
September 29, 201610 yr comment_76566 Who wouldn't to put their feet up and relax on that. I like it. Report
September 30, 201610 yr comment_76593 Looks great Gene. I really like the I slot detail in the center slat. How do you plan to finish it or is it finish natural with shellac? Maybe I need to wipe down my monitor, glasses or both. Now don't forget, I won't be around tomorrow but delivery on Saturday still works for me. I'll act surprised. Report
September 30, 201610 yr Author comment_76648 Dave, the finish starts with one coat of Dark walnut Watco, followed by a few coats of fifty fifty blend of Watco and spar varnish. And a final coat of straight varnish. All but the final coat is wiped on. Sorry Dave, deliveries are only on Fridays. Guess it'll have to go to Tucson. Report
September 30, 201610 yr comment_76654 28 minutes ago, Gene Howe said: Dave, the finish starts with one coat of Dark walnut Watco, followed by a few coats of fifty fifty blend of Watco and spar varnish. And a final coat of straight varnish. All but the final coat is wiped on. Sorry Dave, deliveries are only on Fridays. Guess it'll have to go to Tucson. Well you can't blame me for trying. At least I got to look at them! Beautiful pieces which I'm sure will be both comfortable and pleasing. Report
September 30, 201610 yr comment_76767 Gene that is awesome!!! im home today if you want to deliver. Love it. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.