I had to delay this concrete pour.

Smallpatch

I  got to this point of being finished with this project in 2007.

IMG_7974.JPG

IMG_7408.JPGIMG_7405.JPGIMG_7403.JPGI  

but replacing a knee and a shoulder has delayed things a little.

Now 9 years later I am fixin to start back on the concrete. Only about 20 feet or so of the sidewalk and I'll be done and it seems only a few days ago I was out here working.

But before I could to get back mixing concrete, I had to replace the floor of the trailer, leaving sand and gravel in the trailer all those years did it in. Pipes underground had to be extended and a couple of trees had to be removed before I could go get some sand and gravel to finish with the concrete.

Nine years, wow, but I kept promising I would get it done before I be gone...She kept saying, oh sure!!! 

To extend the pipes on down the hill to back wash the sand filter and to get the pipes in the bottom of the ponds to drain better I needed to dig a ditch.

It's all concrete except for the small rocks cemented in the rivers.

Well 20 years ago I had the digger attachment on the back of the Kubota but when we bought this lot I had to change over to the brush hog and remove the digger. This was when we lived in another town. So now this week with that much time has passed I try to find all the pieces of the digger as I take off the brush hog. I piled all the extra parts to several pieces of equipment down the hill where no building would be taking place and there it all sat, rusting, I hoped I brought it all from the last place we lived, ha. So in almost one week of searching I have found or remade everything needed to reinstall the digger except a master link size 90.....I even found the digger chain master link in all my junk, amazing. Just a shed over equipment like this could sure save deterioration and aggravation. 

IMG_7973.JPG

If the shop was not full of wood stuff I could work inside but hey, at least I got an area the creeper will roll on.

I got the inspire to do something like this when we were in Las Vegas the first time we went but as I got to inspecting their rocks and things, I found it was made of foam covered with epoxy. Not having to learn something new I thought I could do the concrete thingy just as good and I did I did have a concrete mixer that I used for sidewalks and walls at the mini golf course, sitting there rusting

This is another time if a person puts his mind to it, he can do it, no matter what. If these guys can come from across the border and do it, then so can I...Nothing against people trying to better themselves at all. But I couldn't afford hiring things done so I decided the library was the direction to go..

Well anyway a few days had passed and I was still looking for all the digger parts so I got tired and used the back-hoe to dig the ditch even though it had a 24" wide bucket on it at the time. The 12" bucket was loaned out at the time...Now at last I might can get the last part of the sidewalk done.

I bet I get a hug for this, don't you think??

Our property between the house and the lake was sloping way too much to be of any value to use so I added some terraces for gardens and things and the rivers and waterfalls just happened to be the way to go.

An after thought, I am still determined to get the digger going even though I don't need it now because I lost all that time in the shop and now the wood has probably rotted on me. 

IMG_7406.JPG

IMG_7407.JPG

IMG_7404.JPG

Kelly I'm not through yet, just think I will be in a few days.

Sorry Fred my terminology is not exactly true blue. I keep telling folks, Texans is not your common everyday person. When I tell someone what I am doing they say oh, you got your digger going. 

Those folks in world war 1 was fighting in trenches. That's not what I digging.

3 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis, Jr said:

That is some nice landscaping work...very entertaining story as well. I am a little puzzled by exactly what a "digger" is...is that what I would call a trencher?

Nice Water World Jess.

Fred I think I see the digger on the right in the background.  Something like this.

Image result for tractor ground breaker

If it was me I would have started the "bigger digger" in the background.  The one with wheels. 

Steven when I get through with this and maybe a small walk from the shop to the driveway about 14 foot, I am gonna hang my mixer and all the tools related to concrete work in a tree. I'll be 81 next month and when I finish these two things I hope I will still be 81 next month. I'm hoping my back will go that long. I've done been told my shoulder can not be fixed anymore cause I screwed it up again before it got well the first time around.