Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Tags are now required for all content items in our community. We appreciate your participation and patience as we work through this new requirement for topics, gallery images, blogs, and more. This is an exciting resource for all our members to use, with one click on a tag, you can see articles, topics and all our content that is similarly tagged the same. Please read Tagging Your Content for instructions on how to use our tagging system.

Stick486

shop storage ideas...

Rate this topic

wanna conserve a boat load of space...
make sliding door cabs ...
use the base as a service trunk for DC, electric and air...
use the doors as wall space... 16' of wall gives you 16' of storage and 12' of wall.....
there no swinging doors that need to be allowed for.. (more floor space)..
set the table out where you can work on/from it...
this satellite shop it has a TS, BS, DP, DC, RT, lathe, miter saw, grinding station, welding cart, lumber rack, 24'' tile saw and a BMW touring bike in it...
there is an overhead lumber rack that also holds the long pipe clamps...

plan...

Click image for larger version  Name: 2HD DOOR.jpg Views: 27 Size: 48.3 KB ID: 218202  

Click image for larger version  Name: 2ND DOOR OPEN.jpg Views: 24 Size: 59.8 KB ID: 218210  
there are 3 of these set for easy reach from bench...
Click image for larger version  Name: CLAMP RACK 1.jpg Views: 22 Size: 62.2 KB ID: 218250  
fold out drawing/plans table and mortising station....
Click image for larger version  Name: P1010375.jpg Views: 22 Size: 114.8 KB ID: 218274  
40x100(?) table.. the drawers hold frequently used tools.. not so frequent are in the wall units...
BTW... that milk crates is a seat, tote, and laid over, a ladder/step stool...
Click image for larger version  Name: P1010377.jpg Views: 24 Size: 105.1 KB ID: 218290  
32x52 RT w/ major bit storage that is also set to work the D4R, FMT Pro and miter trimmer...
Click image for larger version  Name: P1010379.jpg Views: 28 Size: 588.2 KB ID: 218306  
just make out the mirror on the BMW...
Click image for larger version  Name: P1010400.jpg Views: 25 Size: 677.5 KB ID: 218338  
don't know why this one fell over.. but it's end of tool rack storage...
Click image for larger version  Name: P1010401.jpg Views: 24 Size: 766.1 KB ID: 218346  

Click image for larger version  Name: P1010403.jpg Views: 20 Size: 647.1 KB ID: 218354  

Click image for larger version  Name: P1010404E.jpg Views: 25 Size: 178.7 KB ID: 218370  
another end of rack storage... this one and the other one are on either side of the double doors...
Click image for larger version  Name: P1010406.jpg Views: 23 Size: 590.4 KB ID: 218378  
self explanatory...
Click image for larger version  Name: P1010413E.jpg Views: 21 Size: 108.8 KB ID: 218394  
there are 6 large square food containers in each bin w/ contents labeled on the lid...
Click image for larger version  Name: P1010414E.jpg Views: 26 Size: 158.9 KB ID: 218402  

Click image for larger version  Name: P1010419.jpg Views: 26 Size: 782.7 KB ID: 218418  
table drawer contents...
Click image for larger version  Name: P1010420E.jpg Views: 25 Size: 107.4 KB ID: 218434  
end of work table.. another pic that fell over...
Click image for larger version  Name: P1010380.jpg Views: 22 Size: 108.4 KB ID: 218442 

Click image for larger version  Name: P1010382.jpg Views: 21 Size: 729.8 KB ID: 218450  

Click image for larger version  Name: P1010399.jpg Views: 22 Size: 544.4 KB ID: 218458  
cubby hole filler for the sand paper sheets and slide out shelf for the oils...
Click image for larger version  Name: P1010416.jpg Views: 20 Size: 612.7 KB ID: 218466  
Edited by Stick486

...a lot to consider for the eventual invasion/occupation of my garage into part of the basement...

A picture is worth a thousand words...or a thousand tools...

Thanks...

thanks Nick...

@Stick486

For the benefit of those who are interested or have not seen it, how about explaining what you did for the door rollers.

Edit: Ooops! I see that you covered it in the "continued post". ...as the Church Lady on Saturday Night Live used to say, "never mind".

Edited by schnewj

I think Stick missed the secret, unwritten, unpublished, undocumented Patriot rule for shop pictures- "No fair cleaning up the shop before taking pictures. It makes the rest of us look bad"

;)

Just when I think I have too much stuff.   Bookmarked this in case I need to show it to the wife.

47 minutes ago, lew said:

I think Stick missed the secret, unwritten, unpublished, undocumented Patriot rule for shop pictures- "No fair cleaning up the shop before taking pictures. It makes the rest of us look bad"

;)

so...

I'm OCD about clean as I go and at of day put it away and clean some more...

this make you feel better???

BOSCH TS DC2.jpg

BOSCH TS DC1.jpg

P7010001.JPG

P7010003.2.JPG

58 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

so...

I'm OCD about clean as I go and at of day put it away and clean some more...

this make you feel better???

BOSCH TS DC2.jpg

BOSCH TS DC1.jpg

P7010001.JPG

P7010003.2.JPG

Stick, I mean this in the kindest way but your table saw dust collector suck worse than mine! Those last two pictures show the biggest 14 x 16 shop I've ever seen!!

15 minutes ago, lew said:

Stick, I mean this in the kindest way but your table saw dust collector suck worse than mine! Those last two pictures show the biggest 14 x 16 shop I've ever seen!!

the floor mess is from the router, not from the TS...

meters... for that one...

Edited by Stick486

6 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

Some really good ideas in those pictures.

thanks...

Don't let MR Greed , err ----    GASS see that TS. He'll probably find a way to fine you for using it. :angry: