September 3, 201610 yr comment_71833 Veritas® Mk.II Honing Guide Who has one and what is/are your opinions??? What stone or paper system are you using with it... I already know that the nay Sayers will base their opinion on money only...Veritas® Mk.II Honing Guide - Lee Valley Tools Edited November 25, 20178 yr by Ron Dudelston tags added Report
September 4, 201610 yr comment_72037 I use mine with a pair of DMT "stones". I usually finish with a strop. I like it. Dave Report
September 9, 201610 yr comment_72972 I use mine via the scary sharp method. I use water with the finer grits. Excellent guide and repeatable. Report
September 10, 201610 yr comment_73132 At first I balked at the price but glad I bought it. I use the scary sharp method on glass and finish with a fine India stone. Results are good and repeatable. I use my planes much more now. Edited September 10, 201610 yr by Joeb41 Report
September 10, 201610 yr comment_73135 Anyone who doesn't have the Mk II in their stable is missing out. It is one, fantastically, engineered tool. It doesn't matter what method you use, stones, diamond plates, sandpaper, whatever. Use the Mk II and you will get consistent, quick, and highly satisfactory results. The money spent will get you the results that you desire with minimal time and materials wasted. Report
September 10, 201610 yr comment_73176 I'm having a hard time finding the higher grits used for the scary sharp method. Anybody know an online supplier of sheets of 600 and above. Don't need a 25 yard roll. Report
September 10, 201610 yr Author comment_73178 3 minutes ago, Gene Howe said: I'm having a hard time finding the higher grits used for the scary sharp method. Anybody know an online supplier of sheets of 600 and above. Don't need a 25 yard roll. Woodcrafter.. auto body shop supply.. Lowes... Ace.. Edited September 10, 201610 yr by Stick486 Report
September 10, 201610 yr comment_73206 Thanks Stick. Didnt think of woodcrafters. The others are a no go online. At least I can't find the higher grits on their sites. All are a 50 mile trip except Woodcrafters and Rockler, they're only 150 miles away. So, checking at the store is problematical. Might have to bite the bullet, though. Edited September 10, 201610 yr by Gene Howe Report
September 10, 201610 yr Author comment_73210 4 minutes ago, Gene Howe said: Thanks Stick. Didnt think of woodcrafters. The others are a no go online. At least I can't find the higher grits on their sites. All are a 50 mile trip except Woodcrafters and Rockler, they're only 150 miles away. http://www.onlineindustrialsupply.com/abrasive-sheets.html http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=64715&cat=1,42500 Report
September 10, 201610 yr comment_73211 Found it Stick, thanks a lot. It pays to use the right search terms. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.