August 18, 201610 yr comment_68100 This is a little fly tying desk I made for my nephew a few years back and my first attempt at posting pics on this site. The photos look a little fuzzy (I saved them from the WOOD site. Copy of a Copy of a Copy, I guess). Thanks for looking Report
August 18, 201610 yr comment_68101 Nice! I had an acquaintance who was into fly fishing. He had me make him a "drying holder". I'm not sure how it worked but it looked like this- Report
August 18, 201610 yr Author comment_68105 That is pretty Cool! How it works is that he "hooks" the finished fly into the foam and lets it dry after he puts whatever hardener/lacquer/etc. on it Report
August 18, 201610 yr Author comment_68106 I also made this for him to hold hooks, eyes, beads, whatever... Report
August 18, 201610 yr comment_68108 21 minutes ago, Chips N Dust said: I also made this for him to hold hooks, eyes, beads, whatever... Thanks for the explanation on the drying thingy. Are the holders you made mounted on Lazy Susan bearings? Report
August 18, 201610 yr Author comment_68120 1 hour ago, lew said: Thanks for the explanation on the drying thingy. Are the holders you made mounted on Lazy Susan bearings? I used a 3" lazy susan bearing under it, believe I got it from Rockler. The screw together plastic containers I got at Sportsman's Warehouse (probably any sporting goods and other places would have them. I designed the inside height so that you have to lift the plastic containers up and out, BUT when you spin the whole thing, the containers will tip out and hang up on the top but not fly out. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.