Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Patriot Woodworker

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another WOOD forum refugee

Featured Replies

Hello All,

Like others, I am from the WOOD magazine forums. I have been there for quite a while and have not ventured onto other forums. This one came highly recommended by some other WOOD members so I thought I would give it a try.

Howdy Chips, I am very saddened at the end of WOOD Community Forums. I was a regular on there myself years ago, and it was a good place to call home. I guess some things do not last, not everything can. From what I understand the powers that be decided the funding just could not be supplied for the WOOD Forums. 

But, I am personally glad you are here, and hopefully you'll call us home. With a capital source from our long time sponsors, and low overhead, we are sure to be here for a very, very, very long time. In fact longer than most of us will live, we can assure all of you.

 

Thank you for joining us, glad to have you aboard, and we hope you'll peruse your new forum, meet folks, share, collaborate, learn, teach, and just have fun.

See ya on the forums Chips!

  • Author

Thanks John!

6 minutes ago, Chips N Dust said:

Thanks John!

You bet Chips, it's great to see the new folks here. Invite your friends too!

Welcome aboard!:)

Chip & Dust thanks for joining the site. Glad to have you come over and hope you find this a fun and useful site. 

Glad to see you joined in, Kelly. Welcome!

It is just great seeing everyone joining in.  Nice welcoming committee too.

 

Dan

Fresh off the boat from Wood and hope to find a new home here

 

9 minutes ago, Brian McCorry said:

Fresh off the boat from Wood and hope to find a new home here

 

Glad you made it safely Brian. Many of us here were on Wood several years ago. Hope you enjoy the site.

 

Hey, Chips and Brian - Welcome aboard.  A lot of good folks around here.  And we support our military and patriotic causes to the best of our ability.

 

Just remember, there are NO dumb questions - occasionally there are dumb answers, though  :rolleyes:

I was also on the wood site. I see a lot of the others from wood are here. From what I have read this is a good site. I don't do a lot of posts but I read them a lot picking up hints here and there.

 

Preston

1 minute ago, steamshovel said:

I was also on the wood site. I see a lot of the others from wood are here. From what I have read this is a good site. I don't do a lot of posts but I read them a lot picking up hints here and there.

 

Preston

Great to have ya Preston, WOOD was my forum a few years ago, I cut my teeth on the forums over there, and it was a good place with great folks. I was there back in the day of Ralph Jones and Gary Keeding (rest his soul). I am sorry to see it go. But a wonderful by-product of it's dis-assembly is we get to meet great folks like you and all the others who have joined.

5 hours ago, Fred Wilson said:

Just remember, there are NO dumb questions - occasionally there are dumb answers, though  :rolleyes:

dumb is telling her she's too wide to fall if the seat is up...

Just now, Stick486 said:

dumb is telling her she's too wide to fall if the seat is up...

:lol:

20 hours ago, HandyDan said:

It is just great seeing everyone joining in.  Nice welcoming committee too.

 

Dan

Did you know Woodburner made it...

19 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

Did you know Woodburner made it...

Yes, He came in yesterday with a picture and a lump of coal.  Glad to see everyone that has come on board here from wood.  We are here with some old friends and are making new friends.

 

Dan

1 minute ago, HandyDan said:

Yes, He came in yesterday with a picture and a lump of coal.  Glad to see everyone that has come on board here from wood.  We are here with some old friends and are making new friends.

 

Dan

just talked to him...

for a guy that lives in an oven and is a bazillion years old he sure is balls to the wall...

I see Ralph is an old timer here too...

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.