July 2, 201610 yr comment_67065 Well, if not for my stupidity, I’d have no fun in the shop. yesterday, after meticulously preparing some pieces for a project requiring pocket screws, I set the collar on the pocket hole drill too deep. I drilled completely through the ends. Not just with the little pilot but the whole thing. Inattention, forgetfulness, ADHD, plain idiocy or old age. Dunno, but it's becoming a royal pain. Anyway, I salvaged the piece and a bit of self esteem with some oak dowel and glue. The owie is fixed and my mood is improving. Please tell me that I'm not alone in these episodes of cognitive dissonance. Report
July 2, 201610 yr comment_67068 Gene, if not for fubars like this, how would we ever learn and grow our woodworking skills! This was not a mistake, this was a lesson in repairing holes in end grain with dowels! Report
July 3, 201610 yr comment_67078 I though I had problems too. Then I started having coffee at McD with 6 or 8 guy my age and older. All were as bad as or worse than me. HA its nice to be normal Report
July 4, 201610 yr comment_67088 I just broke the tip off my pocket drill bit the other day because i forgot to tighten the clamp. No mind you I'm not even 50 years old yet Report
July 4, 201610 yr comment_67090 If it's expensive wood or something you spent a lot of time on maybe could glue some 3/8 dowel in the hole and have another go at it. Edited July 4, 201610 yr by Richard McComas Report
July 4, 201610 yr comment_67108 I can tell you such things never happen to me and my very deliberate approach to everything I do. Report
July 5, 201610 yr comment_67114 15 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis, Jr said: I can tell you such things never happen to me and my very deliberate approach to everything I do. Fred, your nose is growing. Report
July 5, 201610 yr comment_67115 17 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis, Jr said: I can tell you such things never happen to me and my very deliberate approach to everything I do. HA! Ok Fred! Report
July 7, 201610 yr comment_67152 I never have that problem I always do it right the 3rd or 4th time. I am known as the expert at fixing mistakes and It may not look great but I guarantee it will be functional Report
July 8, 201610 yr comment_67153 1 hour ago, Dan Broekhuizen said: I never have that problem I always do it right the 3rd or 4th time. I am known as the expert at fixing mistakes and It may not look great but I guarantee it will be functional Nice one Dan! We have all one thing in common it appears in this woodworking community, we are professionals at self deprecation! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.