January 21, 201610 yr comment_64594 Well, everyone around here is bracing for a weekend snow storm. According to the forecast maps, we are right on the edge of a 20" snowfall. Not sure I buy into that. Usually the greater the hype, the less the snow amount. It looks like Cliff might need to use his snowblower, this time! Anyway, the lathe has been waiting patiently for a project. I ended up turning the shop into a paint booth in order to "recolor" the shutters so they match the spouting we had replaced along with the siding. So, for your amazement and amusement, here are a few videos of turning projects. First up is Scott Phillips turning a segmented lidded box. The video can be viewed until mid-February and is made available by WGBU PBS http://video.wbgu.org/video/2365409645/ For a little different box turning, Craft Supplies has a video of turning a "capsule" box- To quote Monty Python- "..and now for something completely different...", here's a link to the first of a four-part video series on turning a table lamp (links to the other 3 parts are referenced there)- While searching for another turning item, I stumbled across this video. The turner uses a neat steady rest that not only stabilizes the bowl but also permits turning/finishing off the bottom. The actual steady rest use/demonstration starts at about 18 minutes into the video. There are very few references to this device, that I could find, other than the developer's name/email address captioned in the video, referenced below the video in the "foot finishing" section and at one other web site. Safe Turning! Report
January 21, 201610 yr comment_64611 And I am amazed and amused! Thanks so much Lew for taking the time to put these up, I love the videos you find and install here. You have introduced me to Tim Yoder and much more. Thanks Lew. Report
January 21, 201610 yr comment_64613 Sometimes you feel like the Maytag repair man around here don't you? Lew, your work and time in our community is appreciated beyond words, your contributions help this community in more ways than you know. Thanks so much sir. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.