Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Patriot Woodworker

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greetings from Kansas (part II) ....from Lyle D

Featured Replies

Well, Hello from another KS guy. Mr. Wyatt steered me over this direction (thanks Dan) so I thought I'd pop in and say hey. Thanks to all of you who sent me messages and set out the welcome mat.

Right now, the family is located around Salina, KS but I'm basically a displaced farm kid from Colorado.

My wife and I met in CO and she decided she couldn't live without me so has been moving me around the midwest. We've lived in Eagan MN, Kansas City (twice) , Wichita KS, Great Falls Montana, Saint Louis MO, Aurora NE, and now have been in KS again for about 2 years. I have LOTS of experience moving. We're kind of "home" now as my wife and I both have roots in KS and we both attended college here.

Even though I grew up on a tractor and some horses, my last name is DeWalt so the whole tool thing is genetic I'm afraid. I pretty much have a full shop (too full actually) which I use when I can but lately it seems I have to work on stuff.....to be able to work on stuff as I've caught the vintage machinery bug. I've built quite a few things over the years but mostly using plywood. I'd like to produce more solid wood furntiure but most of what I have done is in finishing out basements/ housing trim, etc. I've finished 3 basements and remodeled a convienience store in Nebraska. Right now I am working on some kitchen and bath cabinetry but my wife has plans for our home office and rumor has it, I need to build 3 bedroom sets and a dining set.

Someday I would like to build a canoe and possibly a larger boat.

Thanks,

Lyle

Hi Lyle,


 


First and foremost thanks for joinin up with us and I sure hope you get to come OWAMMO's as some of your flat-lander buddies are comin and it just wouldn't be the same without you and your big rig / gigantic horse trailer full of old machines besides we are planning another trip to Chicken Annies on Sunday..........whata ya think about that?


 


Take care my friend and please try to make it to OWAMMO's ........ ~ Dan

  • Author

Still trying my friend....It's looking like a distinct possibility.  My kids have heard all about Chicken Annies so they'd be all over that. 

  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard Lyle


good to have Kansas represented on TAW

Welome to the TAW Lyle.


Best Wishes


Wayne

Welcome aboard Lyle.  Salina is a nice town and a great midway point on our trips to Colorado.  Chime in anytime.

Welcome Lyle!

Hey Lyle- hope to see you at OWAMMO's next weekend in Branson.........and to share a bite of chicken at Chicken Annies again like last year.........I remember you really hated that Chicken......LOL. Take care buddy.......Craig

  • Author

Thanks all, and Happy B-Day Craig!  I'll be there.  Picking up Wakarusa Will tomorrow morning early (hopefully)


Another Taurus...my birthday will be on Saturday while I see you in Mizzou. We'll have to celebrate.


Yeah, that Chicken ,  the slaw was about the same  LOL.


Lyle

Hey Lyle, Craig, Will, Mike, and others .......... here is a link to a video about Chicken Annie's to kinda set your taste buds to workin. They have been servin chicken since 1934. I can remember eating there back as far as 1955. It was about 35 miles from where we lived and we made the trip about once every 2 weeks. My 84 year old Mother is still nuts about the place and I will be bringing her home a dinner when we go. I always get a double dinner and eat the other one cold the next day ...........yummy. Oh I forgot to mention that they also have award winnin home-made onion rings that melt in your mouth ...........


 


Pictures of thick crust garlic chicken ..........garlic slaw .........and german potato salad


http://www.kansassampler.org/siteassets/about/testddd/Pichler%20Chi...


http://www.kansassampler.org/siteassets/about/testddd/ChckAnnies%20...

 


video - http://www.travelchannel.com/Video/feast-on-comfort-food-in-kansas-...


 


 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.