August 18, 201115 yr comment_41740 Good morning Friends.Once you have made your cutting board and are ready for a finish what substance will you use that will allow for a safe cutting board when food is placed on it for processing? Report
August 18, 201115 yr comment_41746 I'm out of it right now, but I was just a mixture of bees wax and mineral oil. Report
August 18, 201115 yr comment_41743 I soak mine in mineral oil overnight. Liberal applications and then wrapped in a plastic bag. my favorite way to season a board is with the juices of a nice hearty steak Report
August 18, 201115 yr comment_41742 Mineral oil Wayne MahlerGod bless and protect our troops that serve so we can be free. Report
August 19, 201115 yr Author comment_41741 Good morning All,The mineral oil is the answer for sure but the added bees wax couldn't hurt. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.