September 30, 201115 yr comment_40209 Good Morning Friends,Bringing home decorations that fit into the season for the different functions such as halloween, I noticed yesterday the stores are really jumping the gun for they have costumes, candy and other decorations out already and then after that they will be setting up for the Christmas holidays. Do you think that the stores are rushing things a bit? Report
October 1, 201114 yr comment_40212 I think the stores are out for the biggest open marketing segment they can get. I went to Sears looking for parts for a hose reel in August and they had Christmas Trees setup that year. Halloween started popping up around here 2 weeks ago and I understand what they are doing, just think it is really pushing the issue too far. Wayne MahlerGod bless and protect our troops that serve so we can be free. Report
October 1, 201114 yr comment_40211 Hobby Lobby here had their Christmas decorations and trees out at the tail end of Aug., way too soon in my opinion. they had that stuff out 2 weeks before they had the Halloween stuff out. I'm 50 and when I was a kid you didn't see Christmas stuff until a week or so before Thanksgiving. Of course then none of the stores were open on holidays either. Hmmmm what would everybody do if it went back to that way?  Greghttp://www.thesawdustfactory.net/ Report
October 1, 201114 yr Author comment_40210 Good Morning Fellows,I agree with you all for they are trying to get a jump on things that will give them the best margin of profits. We have one little lady who keeps the Christmas tree that is artificial and keeps it up all year long and decorates it in a fashion the meets every other part of the ever changing seasons. Kind of unique in it's own right. Her little shop is as neat as a pin and she must be making a decent profit for she only closes on Sunday and 5:00 in the evening each day. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.