October 4, 201114 yr comment_40008 Many years ago, I once had a wood burner in my shop. One day as I was about to toss a small log in the fire, I saw something that stopped me. It was what looked like the shape of a small star in the center. I took it to the band saw and cut off a slab and sure enough, there was a star in the middle. Anyway, I cut 9 pieces off and coated them with Anchor seal. The diameter is about 6" and I believe it is spalted apple. I got them out recently and figured if I didn't do something with them, they may get lost. I got some scrap Purple Hart, Yellow Hart, Walnut, Bubinga and Maple for the mangers and am making nine of these for Christmas gifts.  I think my family will enjoy these unusual, but authentic Yule logs.  Report
October 4, 201114 yr comment_40011 That is soooo cool Ron. What a neat idea to showcase the star and what a special star it is. They should love those and they will forever be special at Christmas. Excellent use of the other woods to go along with it. John MoodyJohn Moody Woodworkshttp://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com Report
October 4, 201114 yr comment_40010 This is amazing to see. And what a special way to display such a wonderful piece. I am sure that the family will enjoy these keepsakes and appreciate them for a long time to come. Wonderful job. Wayne MahlerGod bless and protect our troops that serve so we can be free. Report
October 5, 201114 yr comment_40009 That is awesome Ron! Beautiful work, and unique, I love it. John MorrisThe Patriot Woodworker Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.