May 22, 201214 yr comment_29429 While we were in Branson for the OWWAMO's gathering, my wife spied an oak cabinet that had a tip out front for a trash can. The quality was marginal and had a flat front, the shelf for the trash can was made from plywood, and there was no drawer. The kicker was the price at $189 so Dorothy handed me a picture of what she wanted me to build so here's the finished product. I've got about $60 in it.  
 Ron DudelstonSite HostAbove and Beyond WoodWorks Report
May 22, 201214 yr comment_29442 NIce! We have had something similar for many years and it is getting worn out and I would like to make a new one for my wife. I like the tip out bin and the drawer which would work well for holding extra bags. I would love to see a few photos of the door tipped out as well as the drawer open. Please! Allen WorshamCorona, CAallenworsham@earthlink.nethttp://www.awcreationsandwoodcrafts.com'Graze in every man's field, but always give your own milk' J. Vernon McGee Report
May 22, 201214 yr comment_29441 RonLooks great. I agree with Allen, some open pics would be nice. Looks like you thought the whole thing out and did a great job on it. Love the way you did the drawer front.Wayne MahlerGod bless and protect our troops that serve so we can be free. Report
May 22, 201214 yr comment_29440 Ron, that really turned out great. GregScroll Saw forum hosthttp://www.thesawdustfactoryga.com/ Report
May 22, 201214 yr Author comment_29439 Ask and ye shall receive. I had an "uh-oh" moment on the project. I had it laying face down and I was attaching the tip shelf to the raised panel door and I looked down and realized that I had the door backwards. I had already glued the shelf and had 8 screws into the front of the RP door. I wanted to cry but the glue came off and the holes filled OK. Ron DudelstonSite HostAbove and Beyond WoodWorks Report
May 22, 201214 yr comment_29438 Way to go Dorthy! Give him a challenge. Nice job Ron, but I wouldn't have expected anything less. You do excellent work on everything I have seen you build. I must not have been listening cause I was thinking when we were talking the trash bin was on drawer guides and pulled out. I guess I was thinking about the cutting boards.Love the finish on the Oak. Very nice all the way around.John MoodySite AdministratorJohn Moody Woodworkshttp://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com Report
May 22, 201214 yr comment_29437 This is gorgeous!!I'm a big fan of red oak. Really like the wooded drawer slides.Lew Kauffman-Wood Turners Forum HostTime traveler. Purveyor of the world's finest custom rolling pins! Report
May 23, 201214 yr comment_29435 I cannot see photos! I am in the office now and our PC settings are very restrictive. No videos, no pics, only text, I can't even see smiley faces! I'd love to see the pics Ron but it'll have to wait till I am at home. John MorrisThe Patriot WoodworkerProud Supporter of Wounded Warrior Project and Homes For Our Troops Report
May 23, 201214 yr Author comment_29434 Such a shame you can't see them.   Smokie the shop cat is standing naked on top of it. Ron DudelstonSite HostAbove and Beyond WoodWorks Report
May 23, 201214 yr comment_29433 LarryRon Dudelston said: Such a shame you can't see them.   Smokie the shop cat is standing naked on top of it. Ron DudelstonSite HostAbove and Beyond WoodWorks Report
May 25, 201214 yr comment_29431 Cliff, Branson Missouri, Dan Wyatt has his OWAMMO's (Old Wood and Metal Machine Operators) gathering spring and fall. LarryCliff said: Curious: What is Branson? Report
May 25, 201214 yr comment_29430 Now I can see them! I am home now on my PC where the world is right, cept for the dang flash software is acting up on me. Great looking oak cabs Ron, the work, the design and style is cool. One of the things that caught my eye was the ol timey look on the drawer slides, great job!Ron Dudelston said: Such a shame you can't see them.   Smokie the shop cat is standing naked on top of it. Ron DudelstonSite HostAbove and Beyond WoodWorks John MorrisThe Patriot WoodworkerProud Supporter of Wounded Warrior Project and Homes For Our Troops Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.