June 10, 201214 yr comment_28562 I have to share my Saturday find! I was able to purchase a load of walnut, cherry, some ambrosia maple, and some sassafras. The sassafras boards are shown with the tape measure: one was over 14" wide and two more were 12" wide. Also got some 4"x4" walnut and cherry squares. Report
June 10, 201214 yr comment_28570 I got the pictures up for ya Randall! Nice lumber!John MorrisThe Patriot WoodworkerProud Supporter of Wounded Warrior Project and Homes For Our Troops Report
June 10, 201214 yr Author comment_28569 Thanks John. I was very happy and found it from a SawMill Creek member about an hour from the house. Report
June 10, 201214 yr Author comment_28568 Averaged out about $1.50 per bf. Most of the walnut has been drying for a month. The cherry is about 3 months aged and the sassafras is ready to go. Report
June 11, 201214 yr comment_28567 What ya got planed for the sassafras Randall? I love that word, Sassafras, one of my favorite words to say. It reminds me of the cartoons when I was kid, Daffy Duck had an episode where he talks about "Sufferin suckatage my sassafras is gone!". I never forgot it.Randall Farris said: Averaged out about $1.50 per bf. Most of the walnut has been drying for a month. The cherry is about 3 months aged and the sassafras is ready to go. John MorrisThe Patriot WoodworkerProud Supporter of Wounded Warrior Project and Homes For Our Troops Report
June 11, 201214 yr comment_28566 Nice haul Randall. Love that sassafras. Very nice boards. Any projects planed for these?John MoodySite AdministratorJohn Moody Woodworkshttp://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com Report
June 11, 201214 yr Author comment_28565 Not sure yet. I wasn't intending on buying them until I saw them. Hard to pass up those wide of boards. Guys got any ideas? Report
June 11, 201214 yr comment_28564 For the sassafras a blanket chest!John MorrisThe Patriot WoodworkerProud Supporter of Wounded Warrior Project and Homes For Our TroopsJohn MorrisThe Patriot WoodworkerProud Supporter of Wounded Warrior Project and Homes For Our Troops Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.