Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Patriot Woodworker

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your Forum got hacked

Featured Replies

and not by me....



folks you better check your 6's

Russ,


If your talking IP 6, I have mine disabled.


 


Larry35.gif

Can you guys be more descriptive? I am not seeing anything wrong here.




John Morris
The Patriot Woodworker
Proud Supporter of Wounded Warrior Project and Homes For Our Troops

John,


I'm not seeing a problem either. That's why I asked if Russ was talking about internet protical 6. I have it disabled on my computers due to the fact hackers have been using it to gain access to other computers. It can be disabled by going into the internet options menu.


Larry

Larry,


 


no I am running 8 here.


I went to log in last night early this morning and when I did.. my virus protection went crazy poping up red boxes and then the web pages kept loading covering my entire monitor screen..6 maybe 7 pages just kept popping up???


 


Don't know WTH was going on, but I got all the pages closed and closed off the site until now...


now everything seems to be fine?
 
Larry Buskirk said:


Russ,


If your talking IP 6, I have mine disabled.


 


Larry35.gif




Russell,


If you are running "Windows 8", it could just be a bug they haven't found yet. Windows 8 is scheduled for RTM in a couple of weeks. I suspect there will be quite a lot of feedback and fixes once the hardware guys get their hands on it.




Lew Kauffman-
Wood Turners Forum Host

Time traveler. Purveyor of the world's finest custom rolling pins!

Russ


There is also a virus running around. I had it a long time ago. It will open up multiple windows warning of infection and to click here to recover. It is a bear to clean up, and is not detected by  regular  virus scan. I think it more a worm or something, and takes special software to clean it up. Can't remember the name it was that long ago. But McAfee, Norton and Kapersky have links and fixes for it. As well as Microsoft also. Wish I could be more specific, but this may be what you are looking at on your personal PC or laptop.


Best Of Luck.





Wayne Mahler
God bless and protect our troops that serve so we can be free.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.