10/28/2013 What did you get done over the weekend

Fred Wilson

Another weekend, more projects to work on.  Seems like we always have something going on whether it involves woodworking or not.  Seems these days I always have something going.  Retirement???  Retired only from making those big bucks in the corporate world.  :)

I spent the weekend working on some special orders that I have received.  One big one is a 17" Red Oak USAF Retirement plaque.  Many changes from the standard plaque that I make.  I have been asked by the purchaser to NOT show any pictures until after the ceremony Nov 15th.  (She really wants it to be a secret).  I feel honored to be making the special plaque for a retiring hero.

How about the rest of y'all.  Tell us what you have.  Pictures are great.

Fred
aka Pop's Shop
www.pops-shop.com
'Soooooo many patterns - sooooo little time'
Scroll Saw Forum Host

I got 2 coats of Waterlox on one memory box, 2 boxes sanded and ready for their first coat, two boxes glued up and the parts for one more cut. I also knocked the rust off a Sargent 409 plane and revealed shiny metal on the 606. Oh and I turned a salt mill for a Christmas gift. That was all on Sunday (except for the Waterlox which 2nd coat went on this morning). If I could get a whole weekend in the shop I might make a dent in the "honey do" list.

Oh and to top it off, as I walked in last night the door fell off one of the kitchen cabinets revealing the 17 year old steam soaked MDF that they made the darn thing with....grrrrr. Looks like new kitchen cabinets will be added to my project list.

Kevin Wells
Chuckin' Wood
www.chuckinwood.com

Had family in most of the weekend. Went to my Granddaughters High School Band competition. Spent a little time working on some cutting boards. Five glued on Saturday and then cut and re-glued on Sunday. Getting ready for November First Friday.

John Moody
Site Administratorning-johnmoodywoodworkslogo2-7963-7.jpg?http://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com
“Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful.†Shaker Saying

Not too much this weekend. Cut a few more Christmas ornaments. I'll have to slow down on the cutting and start putting some finish on them.

Our SIL asked my wife if I could make a log cabin mail box for them. He had seen one at Bass Pro Shop and really liked it so I'm gluing up panels of some Oak T & G flooring that I have and working on a design for it. May take awhile because our weather has turned nasty and cold.

Harry Brink
Bulldog Woodworking
Montana

Sounds like we mostly had some phun.  This time of year it seems we all have one project or another to get started and finished before Christmas.  It's making something for some one else because we WANT to - something special - a little of us goes with each gift.  Should be an interesting couple of months to say the least.

Happy sawdusting or chip flying or general saw stuff that flies off our wood.

Fred
aka Pop's Shop
www.pops-shop.com
'Soooooo many patterns - sooooo little time'
Scroll Saw Forum Host

Archived