Chisel Tray Complete

Took a bit today, to assemble the parts, and fit things into the tool chest. Tray turned out a bit wider than needed. Lumber was a bit thicker than needed to be. had to cut a rebate along the tote tray's side, to allow the tray to sit down in the chest. Next time, will use a thinner stock..( and there seems to always be a "next time")

Ok, a look or two of the completed tray, all nestled into it's new home

ning-imag0015-4059-31.jpg?width=750I

suppose I had better hide than level, before Moody shows up. A view from the other direction

ning-imag0016-4059-78.jpg?width=750

I think this chest is getting ....almost full nah, I think i can fit a few more things in there...

This keeps up, I may have to build a second tool chest.....

Thinking of adding a few rods. The kind used on cantilevered tool boxes, wher you open the lid, and the tray would swing up and out. Not sure IF it is do-able, will look into it..

If you look closely, you might see a few tools you will recognize....Like a Stanley SW#103......

I suppose I could fasten all three together, into a single tote? Might need to make a few brackets under the chisel tray, though.

There are two chisels that may not fit in the trays, though.

ning-imag0015-4062-46.jpg?width=721

Yep, that is a full sized note book. The corner chisel is 7/8" , and the regular one is 1-3/8" wide. Just a couple "small" chisels. Think they might get lost in the tool chest??

• 4 years later...