Saturday, June 6th, What's on Your Patriot Woodworker Agenda this weekend?

Friday turned into a busy day for me and I just realized today that I didn't put up a post for the weekend. I had therapy Friday morning and then had to be a VBS presentation for my grand children. So it just got to be a little busy.

Still no shop work for me but I am getting itchy to get in there. I have walked out to the shop a few times and just looked around. My two sons and my daughter in law have been working hard out there to keep my woodworking commitments going.

We have put out six Big Green Egg tables and a bunch of cutting boards and a few other special projects that slid in. Today, things are a little quite out there as everyone is working on other jobs.

So what is on your Patriot Woodworker agenda this weekend? Are you finishing up any projects, starting new projects, building jigs, remodeling the shop, doing home improvement, lawn work, tool rehabs, or just spending the week like me with both feet propped up and resting? We here at TPW love to see all of the projects you are working on so please share them here with us.

I look forward to reading about your projects and will be waiting to see what you have to post.

Edited by John Morris
fixed text alignment and image placement, added tags

A nearby town had a Village wide yard sale day. Went down that way and I think I found a few items ning-imag0096-1702-40.jpg?width=721

A Millers Falls N0. 732-10 10" brace, and it had a 4/16 bit in it. There is a metal file there, mainly I wanted the handle off of it. The "Chisel"  is a Greenlee 1/2" inchannel gouge. These items were about $7, total. In a moment of weakness for the Darkside..

ning-imag0099-1702-19.jpg?width=721

spent $10 on a Craftsman 13" scrollsaw. It is a might rusty, so I guess I'll have to "rehab" it as well.  I think I am done with the rust hunts today, back is getting to me...

Well, I just finished making a couple of pizza peels for a show next Saturday but today, we're watching my youngest grandson. My DIL bought my son an Indianapolis Motor Speedway package for Father's Day. He gets to run a Ferrari on the road course at the speedway. She posted a picture on Facebook and he's in a red convertible. Testosterone is running on the high side there.

Thanks John but here's a funny and true story. Friday I had one of the peels in my hand and I walked out to get the mail. My neighbor's (bratty) 4 year old was playing in the yard while her mom was in the porch swing. I walked over near the girl, held the peel up and yelled to her mom, "Is this the size of paddle you wanted me to make?"  I glanced at the little (bratty) gorl and she had a look of terror on her face. Priceless.

I just realized I missed this post on Friday and yesterday too. I'm making pens this weekend and a few light pull chains for ceiling fans

Ceiling fan/light pull in rosewood and gold plated.

ning-008-1693-22.jpg?width=721

Big Ben cigar pen in Red, white,blue acrylic. This is a big pen compared to most that I make. It uses a Parker style refill

ning-001-1693-46.jpg?width=721

I have 1 more light pull to do, and I want to make it as close as possible to the other one above so that I can sell them as a pair, kind of hard considering I don't have a duplicator.

Oh Ron, you mean old guy LOL you shouldn't scare the poor brat that way :)LOL

Well,I had to move  my shop so Wisconsin Energy can replace our gas line, and meter the 25th.

While backing up to the shop "Murphy" struck again, a brake line on the Ram decided to blow, so I moved the shop with no brakes.

ning-pullinghair-1687-62.gif

One of these days I'll see "Murphy" coming, and I'll be ready for payback time.

ning-punched-1687-39.gif