Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Cliff

Well, You Guys Just Got A New Newbie

Rate this topic

I'm going to have to think of myself as a turner in training, coz' I just bought a PM 3520B Tricked out with some options.

Delivery in a few days.

Now I gotta think about tooling. My current crop of lathe tools is abysmal.

I have two nice gouges, but the rest of my kit is all of a piece from a box of tools that I got free and were not worth much more than I paid. No name junk sold to people who dunno what they are doing.

Congrats Cliff, we'll newbie together, I am aching to get back to my lathe after our home gets put back together, till then I have been keeping my eye out for the logs on the side of the roads during the course of my travels in my day job. Can't wait to see the pics of the new lathe.

Wow that is a nice way to jump into turning. Like Lew we need to see pictures of the new addition and look forward to the new turnings you turn out.

Welcome to probably what will be the most expensive hobby on the planet LOL.

Wow that is a nice way to jump into turning.

Yah. It's been a while in the making. I got this itty bitty little Walker Turner lathe, that I'll be selling, that I have used but never enjoyed. I want to get into turning with organic shapes and off beat things.

I figure this and a set of Thompson tools and I'll be crankin' out work better 'n Malcom Tibbits in less than an afternoon.

Maybe even before I get it plugged in.

I would like to also get into the fine work of turning. I also have a little itty bitty WT lathe and a old craftsman. I am thinking that with the limited space I have ,a garden shed the WT might work. But of course no bowl turning can be done on the WT.

Moved this topic up from archives, Cliffs maiden voyage into wood turning took place during this time period!

Cliff - welcome to the tuners forum, great group of guys here.  Welcome to turning as well, what a great hobby/skill/art form/craft/pastime/passion!

I see lots of chips in your future!  Have fun!