Do I Need This?

if you still wear ties, it's pretty good at making them shorter very quickly.....

now and then i have to make on the TS some card stock for my wife to use for recipe cards.  i get 3 cards per sheet.  do about 30 sheets at a time, have some scrap pieces of plywood to hold the paper down as it goes thru the blade.

using that might get cleaner cuts, but you could not do 30 at a time, the paper would move and you would not get pieces all the same size and shape.

start wearing ties and let us know how it works out.

47 minutes ago, Smallpatch said:

Gene do you cut your regular sheets of sand paper????

John I been wanting one of those for years. It does come with the cutter blade right?? but not to cut sand paper.

Wife had one of those paper cutters. Found it at a garage sale. When it got too dull to cut the paper she used, she gave it to me. It cut paper backed sandpaper ok but the thing just took up too much space for the few times I used it. I junked it. It's simpler to use the old hacksaw blade screwed to piece of ply.

@John Morris

By John Morris, 3 hours ago in General Woodworking...Do I Need This? If you don't already have one, then yes especially if it's free. One of these days you're gonna' say, "sure wish I had one of those old fashioned paper cutters."

Hoard 'er take it...you'll find a use for it; if not let the kids deal with it in 35-40 years at the Estate Sale:D

Edited by Grandpadave52

John if you lived next door yes I would walk over and get it. I would not require you to bring it over here...Nice of me huh?? But no, for it takes up too much room. I use to have a good use for one but I think age is setting in more than I want to admit....The way I print out the patterns I glue on to the wood for the scroll saw cutting sometimes I have 6 or 8 pages to glue together to make one pattern and it is a chore to get all that straight... Right now I have many patterns already put together from long ago still sitting there calling to grab me and get the glue ready...Thanks anyway.

All kidding aside,  a friend once asked if I'd do a favor for him and wanted me to help him move some things for the school. Sure. We went to a small storage building away from the school and inside we saw afew of those paper cutters, a mimeograph machine and some other things I had not seen since I was a kid. We moved them to the trash, so they could use the building for other things. All the time I was helping, I kept thinking, "How can I use this stuff?" At that time I wasn't woodworker, I was a control tech of mechanical things and nothing fit. 

Edited by Ron Altier

Guys, thanks all, so I get what your all saying, take it! So I will!

Tried to pawn it off on Jess, but no luck.

It is flat so I can stow it somewhere I guess, it's old, gotta be from the 50's at least. We have a Quonset Hut out back of our yard at my day job, and it's full of old surplus this and that. I also found some really old government plats and maps, they are going in the trash unless someone picks em up, I may have to intercept a few of those.

Thanks again guys! 

That looks like one of the old style ones at that.  Thats when they made them to last. and work.   Unlike the plasticrap that is sold these days.  Just because something can be made of plastic doesnt  mean its a good idea to do so, or if the result is as useful as the original.