Friday, June 15, 2018, What's On Your Patriot Woodworker Weekend Agenda?

Nice bookcase--go with the Golden Oak IMO.

Finish mowing & trimming for this week. Visit step-father Sunday...remainder TBD depending on the heat/humidity and if I can found a batch of round-tuits.

Stay safe all and drink plenty of fluids.

Edited by Grandpadave52
fat finger syndrome

Been trying to log in to Dremel for two months now.  When I type in something, the response is so slow I get  THIS PAGE HAS EXPIRED, TRY AGAIN. Make me feel like time has passed me by. 

I just noticed there are only a total of 429 pictures that have been posted on their site.....  since time began......The amount explains how hard it is to navigate through their site.......

Thanks John Morris someone put has your head on your shoulders just a tad bit straighter than all those over there....... Now I wonder if it was like that before Bosch came along??

got the sides for 5 bookcases cut, drilled for shelf pins (1040 holes), and banded on the front.

next:  cut the tops and bottoms, cut the cleats (top, bottom, and mid), band those until i run out of banding (more on order), make sub-base, start install.  cut and band shelves later, then move LOTS of books.

1 hour ago, It Was Al B said:

Touched up the peeling paint.

Unfortunately a major issue with newer JD L&G equipment...a few years back they changed the green color so it is slightly different (lighter) than the Ag Equipment line green...also went to a water based paint which has adhesion issues...when it peels, it can be sizable. I suspect they had issues with proper metal prep nor did they use any form of primer. Most everything is dipped rather than sprayed.

After months of wanting to get started with our 2018 home renovations, I did get started last week.  The living room & dining area ceiling was carved up last year when I installed recessed lights, moved a ceiling fan and worked on upstairs plumbing.  Over the last 10 days I scraped off the popcorn, taped & mudded all the needed areas and rolled a new texture on.  Yesterday afternoon I painted the entire ceiling, but it had not dried sufficiently by evening for me to see if it will need a second coat.

Today is our wedding anniversary (40th).  The wife is being taken out for lunch by her sisters and I am planning to go to a car show.  Tonight we may go out for supper and a movie.

If the ceiling passes inspection I will be cleaning up, installing lights and hanging fans tomorrow.  If it does not pass, I reckon I will be painting tomorrow!

Ron, beautiful little bookcase.  Personally I find most red oak stains to be too red, and most golden oaks to be too yellow.  Consider a "Gunstock" stain, imho.