Women's Veterans Day

Last year, Texas established June 12 as Women's veterans Day. i did not know this! Argghhh!!!

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/2018/06/13/opinion/on-women-veterans-day-we-honor-their-service-and-seek-to-understand-the-challenges-they-face/

Happy Veterans Day to all women veterans everywhere, alive or dead, and the families and friends. Thank you for everything you have done.

hat

22 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Regardless of what any governmental entity does, no special day is required to honor veterans of any sex, race, or ethnicity. To single out women veterans demeans their laudable efforts to be treated as equals in the military.  

Well said.

Well I’m not a veteran, so it’s sorta not my right to opine about it. I feel that making a women’s Veterans Days is exclusionary to the men, while celebrating Veterans Day is not exclusionary to anyone. I would fully support anyone’s desire/attempt to educate me on women’s contributions, Vietnam Nam Veterans, Korean Veterans (which is actually the war I know the least about, that there are any living survivors of). I would attend any exhibits that I was made aware of, I love history. This summer the Traveling Wall is coming to my Wife’s hometown. I have never seen it, and have already put my vacation time in at work, to make sure that I see it this year. I will look at ALL the names I can, not singling anyone out for any particular reason.  One of our local papers has a women’s sports day, they cover women’s sports, heavily, on Wednesdays. This has always struck me as demeaning to women athletes, cover their $#^% (a harder adjective than darn, inserted here) games, leagues careers like the men’s. I would actually be interested in hearing from Women Veterans, about whether they feel a women’s Veterans Day would take away from their feeling of being included on November 11. God Bless ALL of our Veterans! I do not post this to offend anyone, and hope that I have not done so. This is a subject that makes me realize how difficult it is for me to put my feelings/thoughts into words.