Which Wood for Project Prototype

JIMMIEM

You should be able to route a 2" radius with a bearing bit . If I did it I would cut it out of a wide board and leave plenty on each side to hang on to and then cut it to fit after I routed it.,

Just a suggestion.

Herb

Edited by Dadio

1 hour ago, Dadio said:

You should be able to route a 2" radius with a bearing bit . If I did it I would cut it out of a wide board and leave plenty on each side to hang on to and then cut it to fit after I routed it.,

Just a suggestion.

Herb

1 hour ago, Dadio said:

Just a suggestion.

Herb

I have the templates for cutting the radii.  The no-drip edge bit will be used to cut the no-drip edge on the straight and corner (radiused) edging pieces.  These no-drip edge bits aren't too common. I bought mine from CMT.  I placed the order by phone and the rep told me that they had only sold 10 of them the previous year.  The bit is most commonly used to add a no drip edge to solid surface counter tops.   

5 hours ago, JIMMIEM said:

I have the templates for cutting the radii.  The no-drip edge bit will be used to cut the no-drip edge on the straight and corner (radiused) edging pieces.  These no-drip edge bits aren't too common. I bought mine from CMT.  I placed the order by phone and the rep told me that they had only sold 10 of them the previous year.  The bit is most commonly used to add a no drip edge to solid surface counter tops.   

Is this it?

https://www.amazon.com/CMT-880-531-11-Surface-No-Drip-Diameter/dp/B0023NVSFS

Herb

8 hours ago, Dadio said:

This is the one.  The one that has a bearing will not work on a curved piece.  The counter corners will be curved.....2 inch radius. 

https://www.amazon.com/CMT-881-501-11-Surface-No-Drip-Diameter/dp/B0023NUM8M