Friday, June 8, 2018, What's On Your Patriot Woodworker Weekend Agenda?

Been outside all week catching up on some yard work.  Cut a pine tree down, hacked away at five stumps until they were level with the ground so I don't have to mow around them.  They were rotted enough that they chipped away in decent sized pieces.  Pruned a few trees and bushes and cut the grass.  Supposed to rain tomorrow so I will go in the shop and mess around some. 

Back from Trip 1 to H.S.  Just filled three of the four hummingbird feeders...seems they target the ones which are lowest. We received about 5 drops of the rain Ron...A few miles East significant rain and wind damage; The H.S. had a roof removed from one of the softball field dugouts and deposited it in the middle school parking lot. Odd, the front came from NW; the parking lot is North of the softball field and a good 150' from the dugout. There had to be some rotation to do that. Also a few small trees down on properties near the school and I noticed a couple of large signs also down/MIA in the FFA plot.

The gun cases are awesome. The Rugar looks mighty fine modeling for the photo shoot. Fine looking family too. Shipshewana is a great place to spend a day or two...lots to see, do and eat. The horse does appear a tad "stiff" however.:rolleyes:

Finish mowing today...possibility the truck will be released from the hospital late today if all the transfusions go as planned. A lot of other running around today...remainder of weekend TBD depending on weather.

10 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

The horse does appear a tad "stiff" however.:rolleyes:

Of course, there's a story behind the stiff horse.  We ate lunch at the Blue Gate Restaurant and there was an Amish gentleman giving carriage rides.  Val, the older of the two, tried to touch the bridle of the horse and it turned its head to see her and scared the daylights out of her.  This stiff horse was in a fake stall just around the corner.  She said, "This is safer."

Tami and I have been plugging away at getting all of our stuff ready for our move to Bowling Green, KY. It has been slower than we planned as Tami's left knee replacement surgery has been more difficult than planned. Tami was born with Cerebral Palsy which causes issues in her coordination. Her left leg is the weak side so it will take close to twice as long get full strength. So we are behind our original schedule by 2 weeks. Today we will get the storage unit dropped off to our driveway so I can start loading up all of the packed boxes of the family heirlooms, photographs, decor and other non-essential stuff that can be stored locally. When we get ready to go they will transport it back to their  Nashville, TN storage facility until we get our new home squared away and then they will deliver it there. The company is https://www.1800packrat.com/containers . When we do head out of California we will get a Uhaul trailer one way to Kentucky to take our minimal day-to-day stuff that we will need. I have to do some exterior work on our patio cover to replace some boards and paint. 2 days ago I had 2 of the youth boys from church scrape off all the weeds from our slope and planters. I was very happy to have them do it instead of me and they were happy to get $100 each for their work. Money very well spent from my end.

Yesterday was the last day of school for Tami's K-1 Moderate-Severe Autism class. Tami has been off since her knee replacement surgery and had not seen her kids since then. She still had to make up all of the lesson plans and do the IEP's for the kids, but I would have to drop them off to the Substitute Teacher as School District Policy says that she cannot go into the class while on disability. So since it was the last day when all the kids get to have a party and graduate up to the next level, I took Tami to her classroom and pushed her in with her wheelchair so the kids would not knock her over. Also to make sure that no one from School District would see her and complain. She was able to give gifts to all of her kids and then for lunch had a pizza party at the park next to the school for the kids and parents. Today she will go to her classroom and clear out the last of her personal stuff that she wants to keep and then leave everything else for whoever the new teacher will be for next year. 

So we are moving forward to Kentucky. We will meet up with our good friend Jill who we have known for 35 years and is a Realtor this next week to get a photographer to come in and shoot pics to go on the MLS and get the house officially on the market.   

1 hour ago, Allen Worsham said:

She was able to give gifts to all of her kids and then for lunch had a pizza party at the park next to the school for the kids and parents.

Seeing "your kids" for the last time is a bitter sweet emotion- especially when you know you will not be returning. Missing my kids after retirement was the worst part of leaving.

Good luck in your move and I do hope you know how to load that trailer........ so it won't weave all over the road... I always figured most people know that but then when I see them going from one side of their lane to the other side of the road my mind is changed... I've been watching Bad Drivers on You Tube and lots of people are guilty

of some stupid things when they get behind a steering wheel!!

We got to drive around the hills in Kentucky just north Knoxville, Tenn.. some years ago and it sure is pretty country!

I drove a number of years  for Coca Cola. So packing  is not a problem. The 16' container unit will be picked up next week. We will be getting a U-haul trailer to take the personal items. The U-haul trailer that we will pull to Kentucky with my Ford F150 will be a breeze.

Edited by Allen Worsham