$86/Sheet!

DAB

today was the day to buy some pre-finished maple plywood (3/4").  similar to stuff i've bought before for other projects (like our kitchen, which consumed 30 sheets).  so i go the lumber place, he brings out a pile of plywood, we place 5 sheets onto my truck, go back in to pay, and the computer spits out:  $86+/sheet.  :faint:  it was 70 and change last time.

i better not waste any of this, it's like sheet gold almost.

I have to wonder if this lumber price hike isn't mostly a knee- jerk reaction to the tariffs. especially when it comes to domestically produced material. 

Though financially painful, something needs to be done to keep and bring back manufacturing to U.S. soil.  Overseas markets have been taking advantage of the U.S. economy for a long time in an unfair manner. 

Let's hope the increases are temporary.

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, BillyJack said:

The prices have went up

My neighbor had a duck fit when he priced out premium oak plywood at the borg.  Then I really lit the fire when I told him it was sub par.  Showed him how thin the top layer of veneer was.  Even let him sand right through it.  

I let up at that point.  Didn't tell him how much a quality piece of plywood costs.  Might have had a stroke or something.:JawDrop:

I know that Lowe's and Home Depot don't carry the quality of lumber you folks are talking about, but, if you apply to the MyLowe's and (whatever it is at Home Depot, can't remember,) you get a 10% veterans discount when you check out.  Everyday.  You will have to apply online and I don't remember the steps but well worth all the effort.