3 hours ago, John Morris said:

Well actually, I linked you to the puny Spring Catalog.

You want the big boy 2018 for the year, you may have to call for that. I was able to get it, I just don't remember how.

@John Morris Thanks for the links. However, I have tried all of these, requested the "Master Tool Catalog" with every order and even talked to customer service. I even talked to the booth rep at the Tampa Woodworkers Show, all to no avail. All I ever get are the "puny" catalogs, seasonal tool catalog, hardware, and gardening catalogs...but no master.

I suspect that most of the companies that have those nice big, full color catalogs will go electronic. Hartville Tool  used to have a nice one and dropped it for the on line version. In fairness to them, they have to be really expensive to produce and distribute. I expect Grizzly to follow before long. But as some others mentioned, I just don't care for reading such stuff on line (or videos, for that matter). Maybe some day. I know my grandaughter has a choice to get here college texts in electronic form and read them on a tablet....in this case, though, the cost seems to be about the same, go figure. I still remember buying used texts and putting up with the damage and scribbles that came with them to save money.

Our son, while on active duty in the AF, earned his MBA from the U of Maryland, all online. I don't think he ever bought a physical book.  

Phyl and I lugged our college texts around for years, move after move. Don't think we ever cracked one book in all that time. They finally ended up in a dumpster because the paper recyclers wouldn't take them. 

The only massive catalog we get is from Grainger. Haven't bought anything from them in years. But, they still send the catalog. 

Both of the girls are in H.S. and only have a couple textbooks each...everything else is accessed through their school issued Chromebooks (last year it was I-pad minis). Almost all of their homework assignments, research papers & projects are submitted electronically.

BTW, anyone interested in buying a slightly used set of home encyclopedias from the mid 1970's? Includes the annual updates until the ~mid 1980's :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

I'll have to vacuum the dust off and look Bill...I think they had fancy color overlay pages though so you could see the various perspectives.:P

What! Dust? You should've been reading a little bit every night before bed.

I just asked to make sure you got the latest (2006) updates...

"Pluto, a dwarf planet, was  classified as one of the solar system planets when it was first discovered by Clyde Tombaugh. However, it is now considered to be one of the largest known members of the Kuiper Belt—a collection of icy bodies on the outer fringes of the solar system. Pluto was demoted from its planetary status in 2006 when a body of scientists decided a formalized definition for the term “planet.”

10 minutes ago, schnewj said:

I just asked to make sure you got the latest (2006) updates...

uhh, no...when I get a chance, I'll write up the latest on a Post-It-Note and stick it to the page.:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, John Morris said:

I just checked my own fact on that, it appears it's being debated, but has not be reinstated, fake news!

Good to know; keep me updated before I waste a Post-It-Note:D

I get Mortise and Tenon but its full of errors.  I get it because it's kind of cool.

FWW  is like  COSMOPOLITAN  trashy full of re heated  redrafts of the same old garbage  " THE LAST WIPE ON POLY YOU'LL EVER NEED"  Cosmo does the exact same thing.   It relies on slightly sexually titillating garbage but it's all just  reheated  re titled  articles they keep on a merry go round.  

Fine Woodworking is  targeted almost exclusively  at people just entering the hobby.   You know, the Noobs full of hope and  pockets overflowing with cash they can't wait to squander on something  they don't need or won't quite do the job because they are still in the stage where they thinking they if just had this tool or appliance that they could turn out masterworks.  

That's the FWW customer base that their marketing has identified as their core audience

AWW American WoodTurner is good.  The  material in old  issues is not repeated in the newer ones.  They really do try to keep up with what's going in  in the craft.

WOODTURNING is pretty good.

Or maybe we're just a bunch of Jaded cynical grizzled old cogers angry that the new guy won't empty the stinkin spitoon.