Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! May 14, 2018

Right Ron what happens to the slab? Would be great for a gazebo with picnic area in the orchard or tennis anyone?

My DIL gave me some orders for buttons. She want me to turn some large buttons with 2 large holes to thread fabric thru and attach to the pillows she makes. Now we will have to see how that works out.

29 minutes ago, John Morris said:

Allen do you have any 8/4 stock in your lumber sales?

The majority of my stock is 3/4 to 1". I do have a piece of red oak from when I built my fireplace mantle which is close to 2" thick but it is narrow about 6" wide. I will take a look when I get home but I don't think I have anything. 

49 minutes ago, Allen Worsham said:

The majority of my stock is 3/4 to 1". I do have a piece of red oak from when I built my fireplace mantle which is close to 2" thick but it is narrow about 6" wide. I will take a look when I get home but I don't think I have anything. 

i may interested in the oak Allen, depending on the length. Thanks.

Weekend, mowed, worked on the mower, mowed, worked on the mower, mowed, worked on the mower...well u get it.

Busy week on tap...Final HS choir concert tonight + HS Tennis Sectional Tourney draw; tennis sectionals WE-FR afternoon/evening depending on the weather. TH, step-dad to monthly eye appointment/injection plus more mowing, working on the mower & get string trimmers ready; lots of trimming needed...Any other time TBD since rain is forecast everyday for the next seven days...however we've missed those forecast the past 4 days...that's Indiana weather...

Monday.....grrrrr..about says it all.    Visited Mom in her new place.   She is staying at an assisted living house.  Seems to be doing a LOT better.    Her house ( the one I grew up in) has been invaded by termites.....they are  working to get them all killed off.  

Bills have been paid, lumber has been bought.....have a bedframe project for the Boss.   Lumber is still sitting IN the van...thunderstorms in the area.    May need to buy a few more sticks...depending on what style head board she wants...

Fingertip IS healing...and hurting.   Might take a few days....

Four 2 x 10 x 8' planks have been hauled into the house.   Whew.......haven't even started to haul them to the shop...yet.  But,  at least they are out of the van.   Letting them get "used" to the house, for now.....forgot how heavy these danged things are.....even one at a time.   Glad I didn't get the 2 x 12s....

Over the weekend, I mainly recovered from hell week, part 2. Last week on the ODOT project, we removed striping Monday night, bridge joint seals on Tuesday night, permanent striping on Wednesday and Thursday nights. All said and done, I think I got less than 18 hours of sleep between Monday and Friday. Project is in cleanup and punch list mode now.