Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Ron Altier

Iphone Battery Pooped

My wife has an iPhone 6s (bigger one) and I have the 6. Her battery pooped out a couple of months ago and they set her up with an appointment a month later to have it replaced for about $30.  Not a big deal, we live less than 8 miles from the store. All went well and lately my phone started discharging quickly, even tho it showed the battery was still 86% good. I expected to hear that 86% us just fine and I didn't need one. 86% don't show how fast it discharges. The guy said it should be OK, but if I wanted an new one, no problem. Leave the phone, come back in an hour and pay $30 and it will have a new battery. (reg $79.95) OK. slick and I did it.  They had techs all over the place, if there was any confusion it was getting shifted from tech to tech. Each had their own duty area. My wife and I both noticed that some guys didn't do a good job explaining things and were sometimes slightly disrespectful to some older people. However the lady techs were much more understanding. I think that the guys automatically want to talk tech talk to older people and with most of us.......it don't work well.

Anyway, with a new battery, I should be able to keep this phone for a few more years.

I stooped at the Apple store to get  mine replaced, They said theirs were backordered- that was 8 weeks ago and still waiting.

Don't get me started on the disrespectful salesperson when it comes to dealing with elderly customers. OK, you git me started- several years ago, I got my Mom a cell phone. Just wanted a simple, no frills phone. The young salesman tried to sell me the top of the line- nope. Moved down the line a bit- still too complicated for my non-tech Mom. She doesn't need the best camera- she only needs to make emergency calls. Next less complicated- no she doesn't need the  touch screen. Still too complicated. His response to this- "well if she can't work this phone, she shouldn't have one". At that point it was either strangle the little bas**** or walk out. Fortunately for him, I turned and left, went home and wrote a scathing letter to Verizon's customer service. I'm told he no longer works there.

flip phone battery after 6 or 7 years wouldn't hold a charge for very long.. 2hrs of use...

around eight and a half bucks delivered to the door...

not made in china either..

On 5/6/2018 at 5:58 PM, lew said:

At that point it was either strangle the little bas**** or walk out. Fortunately for him, I turned and left,

You're a far better man than I am...

Made me think of my last in store experience with AT&T...Best I not share that here...

10 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

You're a far better man than I am...

Made me think of my last in store experience with AT&T...Best I not share that here...

I'd dealt w/ it right then and there...

We are with Verizon and we've positive results with them, We are paying for it too. As with all of them, they try to steer you to pay more with this add on or that one. I am hoping the new battery will last me and the whole phone will also last for another 5 years. My favorite part of the phone is to be able to take pictures at will and keep/send. However I could revert to a flip phone too. I'd pay a lot less too. However I am a part of my wife's plan.............and so it goes:mellow:

Understand...Verizon just doesn't work for us here...not enough towers so we had to go with AT&T...we renegotiated our plan and cut it by over 1/3 but increased the data...

For my grand-daughters one is on a Net10 plan and the other TracPhone...both use AT&T towers, plans are far cheaper, same quality and I never have to go into a store...only used CS twice over the phone; leaps and bounds ahead of our two local AT&T branches. We used to do all of our AT&T cellular business through the local Radio Shack...great prices and CS...probably why they went out of business.

I live in the Denver area and there are several providers and transmission towers everywhere disguised and light poles, flag poles, etc.  There are as many as 4 in one location. The cheapest by 50% or more, for families is T mobile. They are installing 5G now and I'm not sure what it is but you can bet your butt it will be expensive