Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

find a kid's ''Ranch'' that may have a ''shop'' and at least have a look see...

that's what I did...

and it took off like gang busters...

Edited by Stick486

Thats a good idea Stick. I could give them half now and the other half later, problem is I can't figure out which half to give them first, ........................the hammer or the saw.

Herb

You'll probably want to keep the hammer Herm. When things go wrong, you can't beat anything with a saw.

5 hours ago, Stick486 said:

that may have a ''shop'' and

should have said... a ''shop of sorts''...

the list of pluses and help out gets to be pretty long...

13 minutes ago, Dadio said:

Thats a good idea Stick. I could give them half now and the other half later, problem is I can't figure out which half to give them first, ........................the hammer or the saw.

Herb

send the item NOT from HF...

no sense in insulting anyone...

OK Al, I've sat back on this topic but watched closely. I knew you would come to the right decision with proper (and even off topic:P) input.  I was afraid my input might sound like I was scolding and didn't want to do that...well unless I had to.:lol:

It has been a hard, long winter which made things even more difficult than normal. Sometimes once we can get outdoors and can actually do something we begin to feel better; yeah we still may hurt some, but it feels better knowing we did something.

Glad to hear you got the wood-chipper too. Technically that will be woodworking:D

I liked @Ol Buck's idea of making Bluebird houses too...some tips on those...the entry hole has to be almost exact in size (1-1/2" dia)...slightly larger is OK, but not much...make sure at least one side or top or bottom is hinged to clean them out. They expect a clean nesting box each season once the young has been raised. They are very particular on these two points...also very territorial birds so don't space them too closely...link below takes you to a great set of free PDF plans...good luck and happy building and chipping this summer...Call anytime you need/want to talk too! Things are looking up already!:)

http://www.birdwatching-bliss.com/support-files/bluebird-house-plans.pdf

Edited by Grandpadave52

I am not as old, I'm 75. I also have limitations, I don't pick up heavy things like cement bags, etc.  I picked out some of my favorite smaller projects that I enjoy working on and let the heavy stuff go. I continue to walk and so stretching most of the time. Of course there are time when things hurt too much to exercise that day, but I never quit. 

As for the heavy, large tools, I'd move them out, sell or give as gifts to family members.  Concentrate on what you can do that you enjoy. I make Christmas tree ornaments as family gifts. Lawn ornaments, wood

creatures, etc. 

Keep us informed as you proceed and keep on, keeping on

The list of you who responded to my post has grown to 17, and I truly thank you all. With your help, I've picked myself up, brushed myself off and I'm ready to get back in the shop. I obviously won't be picking up any bags of cement, but I surely can stand or sit at the BS or TS to build BS boxes or bird houses and more. Or, I can get out on the JD lawn tractor to mow the now fast growing lawn, or feed that chipper with the pile of brush. Not going to let a bit of pain stop me from enjoying what time I have left. Again, THANK YOU, You provided the support I needed !

Al they are your tools and can do as you see fit but.....If you make a list of what you think things should sell for then that puts the pressure on your daughter....and not being exactly fair to her.  And like some I have know will spend  way more of her time trying trying to get what it is you wanted out of your junk, or as you might think, you valued treasures... It would be much easier on her to hire an auctioneer cause every thing would be gone in a day or at least two... And besides you wouldn't know or care after you are gone anyway.

6 hours ago, It Was Al B said:

I've picked myself up, brushed myself off and I'm ready to get back in the shop.

You go AL!!!!!!

I have been developing my shop for 55 years+. I am not about to sell anything, other than upgrading to better quality. I am 85 in 2 months with many of the afore mentioned aches,pains, and limitations. My shop is how I maintain my mental health and why I always have a reason to get up in the morning.  I just finished building 10 wood duck houses to be placed on a conservation acreage  we maintain. Above all it benefits some of God's creatures-----feels good too. Just this week I purchased a Kreg router raiser------what a joy to use. Kreg hit a home run with this unit. My next project will be a repeat of a book-bible rack. Previously built 24 units but their nearly all gone---all given as gifts or for charity auctions. I sell nothing any more----thanks for listening.