Friday, May 4, 2018, What's On Your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

22 minutes ago, John Morris said:

Busy busy Ron! So you are tied up with elections for the next 7 months! Yikes! Book case looks superb by the way,

We are re-organizing our garage this weekend around mama's car she just got, we've never had a car in our garage/my shop, adjustments must be made, mainly in my mental state.:wacko: It's kind of fun actually, I have had my shop one way for 17 years, now I get to have a little fun figgerin it all out again.

Yep can't live with them nor without them so we compromise . But in a few weeks it gets the first scratch and then it is all copacetic. Now it the time to to push for the dedicated shop for all those expensive toys you have. 

12 minutes ago, Gerald said:

Now it the time to to push for the dedicated shop for all those expensive toys you have. 

That'll never happen Gerald, we live on a 6000 sqft postage stamp tract lot with mostly home inhabiting it, small backyard with no room for additions. For a long time I have been chomping at the bit to simplify my shop and work, this just may be the time to shed some shop weight and get simple, and go even more into hand tool projects than I already have, deep like.

47 minutes ago, John Morris said:

Busy busy Ron! So you are tied up with elections for the next 7 months! Yikes! 

After the Tuesday election everything calms down until about mid October when the early starts.   It's only crazy for a few weeks.  The pay is awful if you wondered.   

On 5/4/2018 at 9:25 PM, kmealy said:

Got started on a toy kitchen set today.   Put on hold this weekend, funeral and derby day party tomorrow, then granddaughter's 2nd birthday party Sunday.   The kitchen set will be similar to the one I made for another granddaughter a few years ago. Cradle in the background was a very early project in my woodworking career.  Maybe one of the first.

IMG_0498.JPG.db52a4e48dc0160efadffdfc3d552485.JPG

Keith, a number of years ago I made something similar for our grand-kids and they still love it.  That'll be a memory maker for them.

12 hours ago, steven newman said:

No van today...went for a walk-about....10 klicks....feet are sore, calves are tighter than a snare drum.....Maybe I can get the neighbor kid to mow the yard...for a fiver....

Around here they might roll their eyes at you for 5 bucks,and tell you to "get real old man".

My kids used to say "forget you Dad, I'm going to my buddies house".
herb