Sad, Just Really Sad

kmealy

Oh, boy! This was another cringe worthy video.

I have said for years, that, schools have stopped teaching the basics; reading (including comprehension), writing, arithmetic, civics, geography, and my favorite, which educators just love to re-write, HISTORY. Now they have stopped teaching cursive writing. The next generation will not even be able to read documents written in cursive...it'll be like reading a foreign language for them.

I had a conversation with my mother's Home Healthcare Assistant last Wednesday. She runs into this all of the time with clients and their families. Some don't know how to even do simple things like write a check. Things that my generation was taught in grammar school. Ask the kids today to name all of the states capitals...better yet just ask them how many states there are! According to a recent president there are 52...how sad!

If we don't stop lowering the educational standards and get them back to where they were even 50 years ago, this country is doomed to stagnation. We need to stop mainstreaming kids, do the work or suffer the consequences. Not every child is college material. We need to start weeding out the slackers and challenging the more gifted to do even better.

I had a Georgia Tech grad with a degree in Electrical Engineering...he couldn't even analyze a simple electrical circuit for me. I had to teach him. A good friend of mine hired a new reporter for the local newspaper. The girl had a degree in Journalism from Harvard and didn't even know how to write a simple news article. I could go on and one with examples. The decline HAS TO STOP!

Archived