A Good Addition Added While Diggin Ditches On A New Lot.

Smallpatch

This happened about 20 years ago and repairs and add ons are always happening on a boat dock plus building a boat lift for sure.  My shop is  about 100 yards from the lake and the boat dock on out about 60 foot farther out.. The welder on the trailer has leads long enough to be helpful but running air hose from the shop compressor to the other end of the dock would be a big hassle.. So while digging ditches for all the other lines I installed underground, I decided to also include air lines in those ditches....I have used 3/4" pvc for all my air lines since before 1970 and since pvc is way cheaper than any other product I ran a line down to the start of the walkway to the dock....Amazing how much extra labor that has saved. I also have a quick coupler attached to the pole between my brother in laws property and mine in case he never got an air compressor. That line is also real close to his garage for adding air to his tires if need be. Then when I put that 53" refrigeration van in for wifes shop that air line was right there next to her shop... Handy , handy.. All the pipe sticking out of the ground is galvanized pipe so I don't have to worry about things freezing...

Something I learned to do years ago and I made a sign that simply says, WHAT If....

So its a good idea to think about next time and plan ahead.

The one thing I forgot to do was run an underground electric line underground to the front of the property..... So when electricity up there is needed I have to pull the welder up there with the riding lawnmower for electricity....extra work but can be done. Years ago the electric welders would only work on electric motors that were wired for ac and dc current...Miller and the other good welders have solved that problem since then!! I often wonder how many things were ruined before guys thought to look on their drills and electric tools to make sure their tools were ac and also dc wired....!!!!

Oh , to figure out where the hydrants and galvanized pipe go, I will apply air pressure  in the end of the pvc where the tractor broke it  and watch where the dirt starts shooting up before I reconnect to two ends back together.....no extra digging and looking for the hidden pipe needed..

Yes its a little too chilly today to work so I am playing with the computer.

I did get to catch 3 squirrels this past week and maw took them to a new hunting ground on the other side of the mile long bridge... thinking maybe they are afraid of getting on the highway!!! Maybe this year we might get to see a few almonds for a change instead of empty shells...

And I just now finished gluing the pvc back together and screwed the hydrant pipes back in to place...then in a little while I will start up the pump and see if no tiny pebbles fell in to the water lines while they were un capped. 

Right now its 75 and a perfect day with no wind...and I do have a big pile of tree limbs to make disappear.