The Weather Was Super Nice Yesterday.

Smallpatch

It started out a little breezy from the sw but died down and it got up to 83. Perfect day for installing the pump on to the dock... I had the submersible pump along the sw side of the dock and the wind and waves would give me some repairs from time to time so I am changing the location to the shore side and will use an above ground sprinkler pump with a pressure tank..The dock floats so the inlet will always be about a foot down.

Then after we got through for the day the wind changed and was coming from the north. And last night temp went down to 36 or a hair less...

I have the inlet pipe anchored from two directions from about water level so the waves should not be problems like before..

I also noticed NASCAR canceled qualifying yesterday in Fort Worth because of lightning about 6;00 pm.. 
They are about 120 miles from me..  This year seem to be starting out  a little different. The humming birds have been here about three weeks and I'm sure they are not too happy with the weather? The fruit and the almond trees all have fruit so I don't know if they will survive. Also the weeds and grass has been mowed about three times.

One good thing about living in this part of Texas, we don't have to call the authorities to see if we can go out side. But maybe these officials are all Texans and might be a little slow and when they realize they could be charging for that kind of permits so in due time we just might see more changes. 

The more you go outside the more you got to pay. Hey, having that kind of thoughts,  makes me eligible to be a congressman.

Both daughters have lived in 4 different states besides Texas.  Connecticut, Maryland, Alabama, and Florida. They both commented that obtaining permits were almost a full time affair with not much time left to enjoy life so both families returned to Texas......

Its now 34 degrees at 9;20

The Weather Was Super Nice Yesterday.

By Smallpatch, 4 hours ago in Free for All @Smallpatch

Oh sure...rub it why don't ya'!:P We were near the record low temperature last night. From 3:30 PM yesterday to 5:00 PM the temperature dropped from 44o to 32o; 'course it could not have done that w/o the wind picking up to 25-30 mph out of the North and the mix of snow showers. Even the rabbits are putting on extra fur coats, hats and mittens with the daily temperatures running 25-30 degrees below average for this time of year.

The robins have contracted with the blue-jays and woodpeckers to drill through the frozen ground for their worms. I'm pretty sure I saw deer cutting & stacking firewood in the woods the other evening.

Normally we have daffodils in full bloom; one has bloomed; the rest have stuck their heads back below the mulch. For at least the last 10 years, (no record keeping prior to that) I've been mowing grass at least the first time somewhere between March 27th and April 10th. Another measurable snow is predicted for tomorrow late into Monday. That will be the third consecutive weekend. Collective total the previous two weekends is just under 16" of snow which happens to be about how much we're over our annual average for the winter...oh wait, those have been spring snows... Fortunately, the hummingbirds arrival here is still about a month away. I probably need to sign-up for their winter vacation package.

No permits except a building permit required in our county at least for now. The Commissioner Gestapo have a special task force looking into changing that with the first recommendation meeting next week. Nothing good ever comes out of a "special task force" meeting unless you are a politician.

4 hours ago, HandyDan said:

Woke to this here in Ohio again this morning.  Three going on four inches of the stuff.

You know Dan it wouldn't be so bad if it would just stay one season. The idea of the seasons changing daily is just getting old.

Archived